NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Draft player obfuscation

By martinwarnett
7/06/2017 10:35 am
Does this affect the downloadable draft .csv files?

They seem to have the previous cur/max values.

By WarEagle
7/06/2017 11:33 am
I thought those were now the range.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/06/2017 12:28 pm
Yes, it should be returning the range instead of the actual values in the download.

By martinwarnett
7/06/2017 2:35 pm
Makes sense.

By kicker10bog
7/06/2017 7:12 pm
I like the obfuscation and the way scouting works. No one SHOULD gain an advantage over others because of scouting since everyone sees all of the scouted players.

I am now wondering if we need the boom/bust aspect with volatility now that draft selection is more risky.

By kicker10bog
7/06/2017 7:16 pm
Also, perhaps the physical measurables shouldn't be obfuscated, or at least not as much since those are easier to judge at a combine

By kicker10bog
7/06/2017 7:38 pm
One more thing, I read where the scouting is supposed to stop when early FA ends, but we're gearing up for the draft now and I was able to scout today.

7/06/2017 8:25 pm
kicker10bog wrote:
Also, perhaps the physical measurables shouldn't be obfuscated, or at least not as much since those are easier to judge at a combine

I will either change this or drop the scouting altogether, I've not concluded if it's just another hassle to deal with or if it actually improves the experience. (Waiting until the draft is over to get final feedback and evaluation)

7/06/2017 8:26 pm
kicker10bog wrote:
One more thing, I read where the scouting is supposed to stop when early FA ends, but we're gearing up for the draft now and I was able to scout today.

Hm, I will look to make sure that's the case. I don't want you to be able to scout during the draft.

By raymattison21
7/07/2017 6:39 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
kicker10bog wrote:

I will either change this or drop the scouting altogether, I've not concluded if it's just another hassle to deal with or if it actually improves the experience. (Waiting until the draft is over to get final feedback and evaluation)

I would love to have the combine scores added in addition . ....well at least the 40 and the twenty and the three cone and bench anD the wonderlick (intelligence ). The player with higher speed would have a better 40 ...lathe player with higher acceleration would have better shuttle and the player with high in both would have a higher 3 cone.

You can scout them and narrow down the measurables or try to rely on combine scores , cause there is no doubt of the correlation of let us say a guy that can bench 225 40 times is near 100 strenght , but can he translate that to effective push on the feild. That's a bit to easy to tell here as I feel strength is overpowered for line play and speed for skill players.

Or a player with 100 speed....what's the difference in a 76. For a DB it might be .3 seconds.....here its more .5 . A 66 speed cb is a liability on deep plays. I think the level we are at a 33 should be at a level of that liability .

Looking at the drafts....I see the early rounds being pretty much the same , but some of my AI picks picks later in the draft look like I could get any type of player. Which in my mind means the new draft is working, but perhaps we could scout 7 guys.

I like that static ratings are vague....right now. The vets will let players side. And a middle of the pack player (or two) might be 99 if they boom. But we will see.