NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Draft player obfuscation

By setherick
9/27/2017 4:36 pm
mardn72 wrote:
setherick wrote:

Or if the numbers meant something that you could demonstrate on the field. Right now, the numbers are completely meaningless. You know you want to have players with a high speed rating, but you have no idea what that means. And then you watch the games, and players move a lot slower than you would have expected at times or a lot faster than they ever should at other times.

Speed is important, but it should be. But, I'll take a player with 80 across the board over a player with 100 speed and 60s elsewhere every single time.

I'll +1 what WarEagle said. The only thing that matters right now for RBs, WRs, and DBs is speed plain and simple (and I would add LBs to this list because of blitzing and pass coverage). The rest of the attributes are just flavoring.

Also, my post was about knowing what the numbers meant. There is no way of knowing what a 90 SP or an 80 SP really mean. They are useful enough to compare players, but depending on how the algorithms work, 90 SP could be 11 times faster than 80 or it could be 1.1 times faster than 80. This applies to every attribute, SP is just the easiest to measure.

---

I moved the full response here: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/community/3/3713?page=1&x=xXkYDJHT4b#24485
Last edited at 9/27/2017 8:49 pm