NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

[0.4.6] Version 09d60821

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/31/2020 8:29 pm
Tweak to the success probability of blockers to decrease the chances of failure

Re: [0.4.6] Version 09d60821

By raymattison21
9/01/2020 6:47 am
https://victory.myfootballnow.com/watch/296#52026

By raymattison21
9/01/2020 6:51 am
raymattison21 wrote:
https://victory.myfootballnow.com/watch/296#52026

Only managed to slip through once last game. The RG has sub 50 pass blocking.

By raymattison21
9/01/2020 7:17 am
We are blitzing on a high rate of plays. I think this is why the frequency was / seemed high in the past version. Here we slipped through once which I guess is good but as a league as a whole there was 6 total sacks. We should have been above 30 maybe closer to 60 . Sacks/ pressure was low before and now it’s really low.

I guess there would be ways to get it to go up and leaving pass blocking as strong as it is now. Say the QB would take a sack instead of throwing it in to double coverage? Maybe get him to scramble some and get run down?

The trick here is we iced our opponents QB who had a decent season without the pressure. Perhaps if his receivers were more technical and not just fast the outcome would have been different as he did hit on to end route plays where the fast WR just left the DB in the dust. ( this is actually the best way to exploit passing right now)

I was ok with a LB playing LB getting as many sacks as a dlineman , which still might be the case now, but I am not ok with these really low numbers. See what happens in mfn1 but there’s no doubt pressure is effecting the QBs passing numbers. Drops are still high and ball carry might be the most important skill rating for skill players under this version

By TheAdmiral
9/01/2020 7:44 am
Also worth remembering that Victory is in first season set up with probably 70% of players starting who aren't 'game ready' and half of them wouldn't get a sniff of playing in 3-5 seasons time.

Also if sacks are low, does this force knockdowns up higher? You should get more accountable data from MFN-1 for at least three seasons as teams start to mature.

By raymattison21
9/01/2020 12:21 pm
TheAdmiral wrote:
Also worth remembering that Victory is in first season set up with probably 70% of players starting who aren't 'game ready' and half of them wouldn't get a sniff of playing in 3-5 seasons time.

Also if sacks are low, does this force knockdowns up higher? You should get more accountable data from MFN-1 for at least three seasons as teams start to mature.

Pressure has to be this low for passing even to work. All of 4.5 has low pass rush numbers especially if you take the sacks on bugged plays out . Before this switch I had even more pressure coming from LBs in Victory .....probably due to the disparity in ratings. Mfn1 does have more reliable stats but different owners , league rules, and general activity is what drives stats on way or another as well.

A team I grabbed in NCAA has no skill talent anyway . The line is great in comparison ... how would they do? IDK cause no administrators are willing to take ona new code for testing sake. Thank God you did it really is beneficial for testing purposes . Just to see more possibilities.

Drops and knockdowns are high in both leagues and they are intertwined in coding terms as to why they happen but in general when man was changed back in the 4.3 days those numbers went through the roof. That main cause is how overpowered man is in the first place....my CB1 in Victory is leading the league in knockdowns.... a lot of passes to his side, whether or not it’s his man to cover is knocked down by him.

I picked up a team a while back in Group of five and a ridiculous number of throws in to tight windows and it was prevalent all season long. QB just are under performing, especially vs. a man under defensive scheme. Or in my teams case no talent/ speed.

Just look at Connie Jones and the monster game he had in Victory. The opposition did not run a man under scheme and a better roster just destroyed. In general The final numbers are not the worst but why and how they happen is pretty bad.

It is legitimate to use low FOV to force passes in to receivers, if they are better, for huge games. The pressure ties into that heavily and so does the play abuse meter. Older leagues are more prone to abuse due to the talent parity.

Really it’s a mess and administration is putting rules on play useage as well. Only cause some sets matching with other sets deliver such varied results. With man being so overpowered getting to the bottom of certain stats is almost pointless.

Like QBs not running.....that’s 10% of all passes off kilter. . Add in sacks being 6 to 10 times lower than they should be and 20 % of the passing game is not there giving more opportunities for poor throws and things like interceptions to be blown up .

Not to mention the 100s ( maybe a 1000) of carries by both of my teams resulting in one really long run.

Some will find a way to drive numbers up or down but I am not seeing anything to new or anything extremely wild under this new code, but I don’t have elite speed players either... just pretty fast ones. That might be the difference in the code breaking bad.

By raymattison21
9/02/2020 5:48 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11900#2218917

#53 really should not be allowed to be untouched en route to the QB. The back helped on the LDE where he could have picked up the LB. The RG did have 35 speed and 43 acceleration, but had 100 pass block.

By raymattison21
9/02/2020 5:56 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11900#2218927

Here’s almost the same thing but on the other side. The back went out for a pass and it was a 5 on 4 rushing... the LG with 52 speed 63 acceleration and 80s pass block could not get over in time to get a hand on the 87 speed rusher

By raymattison21
9/02/2020 6:04 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11900#2218948

Almost the same but a 5v5. The LG is too slow again. This is probably a combo of a fast rusher and the pre snap alignment. I am not using nickel plays and with no rules it defaults to base plays and the edge rusher and in that all alignment playing 7 - 11 technique is just too wide for the G to get there

By raymattison21
9/02/2020 6:10 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11900#2218980

These are all vs the same passing formation. This one the pressure causes an interception