NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 09d60821

By raymattison21
9/11/2020 12:41 pm
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11960#2229891

This is the other long pass that same game. A play action slant with the CB losing his man pretty bad. ( despite a few points) 30 points of acceleration is the big difference for the WR but the DB lost any idea of where the pass is going.( Intelligence or experience?) The DB could have lost the bump roll, the route roll, but then had enough still in his tank to run him down despite a blitz call .

General inconsistency in almost every play but this one he had 10 plus pounds but 7 more speed. In the other scenario my faster DB wasn’t fast enough due to 17 points of carry? The sub 50 zone SS responsible for the deep middle shades to the strong side allowing for more YAC.

I would be ok with a 40 yard gain here...as it was late in the game. But like I said end route scenarios act the same the cover guys have no idea where the ball in going to end up. It’s just a large gap to recover against once beat.

One could easily say the defender slipped . We need man coverage to be not so tight, without the ratings of course , but at the same time not so much of the getting way out of position if you do lose.

By raymattison21
9/11/2020 12:46 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Okay, I can see that but then if the opposition was in run key it hits for exactly how we saw it play out.

I've experimented with this play and I use it sometimes and as something I do. If you click wrong with it, chemistry is off - it constantly flings it to the GO route for lightning interceptions.

I'm fine with an offensive play running the gamut in produced results. Just don't want a consistent gridlock where you can't get it to hit for a large yardage amount.

It would make sense cause the safeties would be closer to the LOS allowing the qb to go over the top ... I am just stuck on that CB slowing for no reason and how badly the safeties give up good position.

There s a part of the code that tells guys to go for a big play .(intelligence and experience) Once coverage was tightened these plays went through the roof

By TheAdmiral
9/11/2020 4:03 pm
In other news the league stats look to be corrupt. As an example that should be a finite number of interceptions in a season. So if there were 100 interceptions thrown in a season, then there should be a 100 interceptions made by defenses. The same with Sacks.

Passing yardage looks to be in sync, as do completions and average yards - with slight differentials for rounding up or rounding down. With sacks and interceptions the maths is way off. I'm not sure why it's reporting in such a way - could be I'm missing something?

By raymattison21
9/11/2020 5:21 pm
TheAdmiral wrote:
In other news the league stats look to be corrupt. As an example that should be a finite number of interceptions in a season. So if there were 100 interceptions thrown in a season, then there should be a 100 interceptions made by defenses. The same with Sacks.

Passing yardage looks to be in sync, as do completions and average yards - with slight differentials for rounding up or rounding down. With sacks and interceptions the maths is way off. I'm not sure why it's reporting in such a way - could be I'm missing something?

Assuming you mean player stats ....Sacks are understandably off. If no one blows a block no one is charged. In the NFL it’s a team sack as it happens for one reason or another but no particular player is charged.

If it’s team stats there is probably a few ways to be off but I have never checked those. I think defensive penalties are off there.

One bug that will effect both is force fumbles while sackng the QB. If the qb recovered his own fumble and gets tackled it’s another sack.

Throw ats and catch alloweds have rarely matched up with pass attempts to completions .

Thinking on fumbling.... I think that caused a lot stat anomaly’s in the past.

By TheAdmiral
9/11/2020 5:42 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:

Assuming you mean player stats ....Sacks are understandably off. If no one blows a block no one is charged. In the NFL it’s a team sack as it happens for one reason or another but no particular player is charged.

If it’s team stats there is probably a few ways to be off but I have never checked those. I think defensive penalties are off there.

One bug that will effect both is force fumbles while sackng the QB. If the qb recovered his own fumble and gets tackled it’s another sack.

Throw ats and catch alloweds have rarely matched up with pass attempts to completions .

Thinking on fumbling.... I think that caused a lot stat anomaly’s in the past.

Nope, team stats. I know only having one decimal point throws out the stats a little but this is too big https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13orAbhEFkdLcvtO6dNiucuyer4LoeY32ZaNuhTIrCxM/edit?usp=sharing

By Smirt211
9/11/2020 5:50 pm
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11960#2229891

This is the other long pass that same game.

Play familiarity/scouting. That's a power play which when it hits, it can nail for a home run. Defender has legendary coverage but you have to factor in the slew of time outs. It was in and around the 2 minute warning and time outs, right? WR was super fresh and hit on it.

By Infinity on Trial
9/13/2020 11:19 am
TheAdmiral wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
My opponent completed 20/38 (52.6%) for 201 (5.9 average) and an INT. Take away his 48-yard completion, and he's barely averaging 4 yards per pass.

I completed 27/40, a whopping 67.5% completion rate, for just 222 yards. Take away my 57-yarder, and I'm also down near 4 yards per attempt.

But hey, no sacks! And no punt blocks! (Although my 100 accuracy, 100 strength kicker with an 89 holder missed a 45-yard FG)

Passes: 78
Completions: 47
Knockdowns: 22
Drops: 4
INTs: 1
Other incompletions: 4

I thought I'd have a little look into passing stats over the last 5 seasons in MFN-1. Completion% this season 2048 is up approx 10% on each of the four previous seasons, with the top 12 teams in 2048 posting the top 12 completion percentages over the last five years.

This is the first area I've looked at and over the weekend I'll look at yards/attempt, yards for, yards against, TD's, Interceptions and Sacks. Then I'll look at comparing these against the first season of Victory (Beta), six seasons of Legends (all 4.5), a well established roster only League (probably UFA and one other) and perhaps the last 5 years of another well established league that's generally full with good quality owners (Champions maybe?) and one which has struggled for owners ie a high percentage of AI ownership (suggestions?) to give us a better idea of whether this is anecdotal/outlier or a general trend.

It'll take me some time to do it (over the course of the weekend) but you can see where I'm up too by clicking on this link.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13orAbhEFkdLcvtO6dNiucuyer4LoeY32ZaNuhTIrCxM/edit?usp=sharing

I would be interested in seeing what completion % and other passing metrics look like in the games with the current version of beta code compared to a competitive league with 4.5.

By TheAdmiral
9/13/2020 6:47 pm
Had a hectic weekend, so didn't get as much done as I'd hoped too. Victory is the only other league using beta. Only one season old so not really apples v apples in comparison with a MFN-1 which has what 30+ seasons.

I'll get on it at some point this week. and compare with 0.4.5 Leagues as well as roster only (where offense is always tough but this season seems to be off the charts difficult - my opinion based on my team but could be my perception and not actual fact)
Last edited at 9/13/2020 6:47 pm

By raymattison21
9/14/2020 8:28 am
Nfl week one sacks had Washington beat our playoff total of 12 teAms.

The nfl as a whole had nearly as many interceptions as we did in our first round of the playoffs.

And really no different than older versions....nfl QBs ran for around 20 yards per game while ours most likely was zero .

Punt blocks might be held in check in the ranges of 70 timing and up.

And blitz reads are as described in my other posts but focusing just on guys picking up blitzes I find a range of 80 plus intelligence should pick up most schemes applied.

GM/ player talent pool is not changing stats up much. Maybe on the extreme ends of play abuse but most sacks are coming on longer passes. Drops as well are tied mostly to the distance a pass travels in the air

By Infinity on Trial
9/14/2020 8:29 am
Victory would be a perfect league for comparison because you could match it with the first year of a league that used 4.5.