NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: updates for 0.4.1

By Beercloud
3/01/2017 5:36 pm
Beercloud wrote:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/6038#1086679

Offensive Play: I Formation 3WR WR Post
Defensive Play: Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2 Man Under - Pass Key

#38 was kinda sitting back in no mans land and reacting pretty late.
37 speed, 48 accel, 26 intel, 49 displ, 100 zone

Is it cause of intel, displ or accel maybe? He seemed to get back in his zone alright. Just didn't do anything after that.[/quote]

[quote]blackflys wrote:
37 speed is all you need to know. cbs play a lot better against top wrs when they have close toi the same speed as the wr hes covering.

That safety was in a deep zone. As far as speed, he was already behind the play.

His lack of making any kind of break on a ball that was right in front of him is what I was pointing out and wondering what are all the possible factors that go into it. If he was late getting there cause of his speed that's great. But speed shouldn't really be the determining factor on when or if a player decides to make a break on the ball or when to make a read.

Last edited at 3/11/2017 5:49 pm

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/01/2017 5:40 pm
I just pushed a deep zone update that will be in effect for the first regular season game. There was a weird bug where the deep zone would take off running, he should now act more appropriately. If you see any weird deep zone play in week 1, please post the play here.

The other issue pointed out is a man-to-man issue, I'll be looking at that next - will remain to be seen if I have a patch in for week 1 or not. The QB accuracy is running another full season test now, if successful I'll have that update in for week 1, but will announce if I do. The unit testing is giving me results that I'm pretty happy with, I just want to make sure it extrapolates into a full season well.

By setherick
3/02/2017 8:04 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
I just pushed a deep zone update that will be in effect for the first regular season game. There was a weird bug where the deep zone would take off running, he should now act more appropriately. If you see any weird deep zone play in week 1, please post the play here.

The other issue pointed out is a man-to-man issue, I'll be looking at that next - will remain to be seen if I have a patch in for week 1 or not. The QB accuracy is running another full season test now, if successful I'll have that update in for week 1, but will announce if I do. The unit testing is giving me results that I'm pretty happy with, I just want to make sure it extrapolates into a full season well.

I was kind of hoping that you'd release the accuracy update where QBs were getting 5,000 yards in unit tests. I was ready to see 10,000 yard QBs live.

By Tecra031
3/03/2017 8:29 am
Did the recording of pass deflections break or were there really no pass knockdowns for any team in week 1?

By setherick
3/03/2017 9:37 am
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

I was kind of hoping that you'd release the accuracy update where QBs were getting 5,000 yards in unit tests. I was ready to see 10,000 yard QBs live.

Never mind. If my QB keeps up his average, I'll get to 10,000 anyway.
Last edited at 3/03/2017 9:37 am

By raymattison21
3/03/2017 9:45 am
pressure is off. it is way to easy for Dts to get there and much harder for DEs. only two DEs in the top 30 for hurries. all dts and blitzers.......

By Mr.Krazy
3/03/2017 8:37 pm
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/6059#1090467

Check out the very next play.

Same plays back to back on both sides of the ball, but the 3rd down play has #41 slow down midway through his coverage to allow the TD.

Something like this happened in pre-season as well and his Man coverage skills aren't the worst..

Player in coverage = CB Walton Pearce

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/04/2017 12:09 pm

I'm pushing a fix for this today for the next game sim. This was a man-to-man bug.

Knock-downs are still at zero for some reason, so I'm investigating that but won't have that patch tested in time for the next games.

By Tecra031
3/08/2017 9:11 am
Can we look at loosening up kick/punt returns just a little? Through 3 weeks there are no PR/KR TDs. I know it was OP before, so I was all in favor of nerfing it. However, we are on the opposite side of the spectrum now. It has 0 impact on the game right now. Returns add a little dynamic and fun to the game. I am not saying to open the flood gates for PR/KR TDs to be excessive, but the league PR average is hovering around 5-6 yds a return. The returners, the majority being RBs or WRs with good speed, barely move and run right into the defenders instead of making a cut or heading to the sideline.

By Wolfpack
3/08/2017 11:45 am
I had a PR fair catch a ball on his own 1. That might need looked at, he should have let it go clearly.