NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: updates for 0.4.1

By Mr.Krazy
3/09/2017 10:08 pm
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/6102#1098076

After #32 Manning breaks into the clear, he begins to be slowly caught up by 4 speedy defensive players. But once #41 CB Walton Pearce got within tackling distance, he suddenly slows down to Manning's pace and avoids tackling him.

Notice how the other 3 players quickly catch up to #41 but suddenly change to his pace rather than try to tackle Manning, thus allowing him to run it in for the TD.

What do you think caused this sudden change of speed in my defensive players to allow the RB to run for the TD despite their speeds being greater than the RB's?

By Tecra031
3/10/2017 8:31 am
Despite all the different updates over the 19 seasons I have been in MFN, I can now retire from the game after witnessing my first blocked punt ever! It is the small things that make me happy :) https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/6112#1099975

By WarEagle
3/10/2017 9:03 am
I had one a couple of months ago.

That makes two I have ever heard of!

By blackflys
3/10/2017 11:57 pm
I've seen three. Most recent was in lg 75 and it was a 28 yarder and he took it back to the house.

By Tecra031
3/11/2017 7:44 am
So I saw this morning that there is now a "Game of the week" tag in the upcoming games. Pretty cool! Looks like it is based on the closest point spread this week...is that the formula going forward?

And I also saw Power Rankings changed again...was that formula tweaked?
Last edited at 3/11/2017 7:46 am

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/11/2017 10:55 am
Tecra031 wrote:
So I saw this morning that there is now a "Game of the week" tag in the upcoming games. Pretty cool! Looks like it is based on the closest point spread this week...is that the formula going forward?

And I also saw Power Rankings changed again...was that formula tweaked?

Yes, and yes. I played with the formula a little bit yesterday and ran it manually a few times to check it, I think the results are a little bit better. Still some big point spreads but we do have a lot of top-tier teams playing bottom-tier teams this week; I also capped it at 14 points so we don't have that 30-point point spread.

By Tecra031
3/11/2017 11:46 am
So TB @ NO for example - NO is a 14 point underdog in that matchup? That is the way I am reading it.

3/11/2017 12:45 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
So TB @ NO for example - NO is a 14 point underdog in that matchup? That is the way I am reading it.

NO is a 14-point favorite. I think what it technically means is to make the game even you subtract 14 points from NO's score; or, to win the bet if you pick NO, they have to win by more than 14 points.
Last edited at 3/11/2017 12:46 pm

By oukjweather
3/11/2017 1:12 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Tecra031 wrote:

NO is a 14-point favorite. I think what it technically means is to make the game even you subtract 14 points from NO's score; or, to win the bet if you pick NO, they have to win by more than 14 points.

Is the cap at 14 points a betting thing? Would think you would not cap it that low.

3/11/2017 1:35 pm
oukjweather wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
Tecra031 wrote:

Is the cap at 14 points a betting thing? Would think you would not cap it that low.

I capped it just because you rarely see a > 2 TD favorite in the NFL, but when I first ran it we had a couple 4 TD favorites. It's just an aesthetic thing, obviously it's technically meaningless.