NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: updates for 0.4.1

By WarEagle
3/11/2017 4:27 pm
I would prefer to see the larger point spreads if that is what is calculated, not an artificial cap.

In my last game I was surprised to see how big of a favorite my team was, but we ended up covering.

Right now I would think the Ai was way off if a team was favored by 14 and won by 50.

By setherick
3/12/2017 7:36 am
Mr.Krazy wrote:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/6102#1098076

After #32 Manning breaks into the clear, he begins to be slowly caught up by 4 speedy defensive players. But once #41 CB Walton Pearce got within tackling distance, he suddenly slows down to Manning's pace and avoids tackling him.

Notice how the other 3 players quickly catch up to #41 but suddenly change to his pace rather than try to tackle Manning, thus allowing him to run it in for the TD.

What do you think caused this sudden change of speed in my defensive players to allow the RB to run for the TD despite their speeds being greater than the RB's?

The old convoy defense. This bug has been around for at least three code releases.

By WarEagle
3/12/2017 7:22 pm
setherick wrote:

The old convoy defense. This bug has been around for at least three code releases.

I don't ever recall NOT seeing this.

Because of that and how common it is, I don't even think of it as a bug but rather how the game is designed to work.

By setherick
3/12/2017 8:05 pm
WarEagle wrote:
setherick wrote:

I don't ever recall NOT seeing this.

Because of that and how common it is, I don't even think of it as a bug but rather how the game is designed to work.

I've always seen it as a bug, but it could equally be a glitch in the game graphics.

By Mr.Krazy
3/13/2017 10:13 pm
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/6134#1104092

Wide open receiver, great passing skills, need 20+ yards to stay in the game.. decides to run the ball and slides to avoid being hit.

I'm trying my best to keep patient with the pending updates, but there are few times like this included where I fear for my CPU's life haha
Last edited at 3/13/2017 10:13 pm

By ibblacklavender02
3/13/2017 11:28 pm
seems like whenever you have a wide open receiver the QB never gets it there....

By ibblacklavender02
3/13/2017 11:33 pm
Just noticed the game of the week too....Not sure what its based on but I see a better game this week between New Orleans @ Green Bay
Last edited at 3/13/2017 11:33 pm

By JCSwishMan33
3/14/2017 8:43 am
ibblacklavender02 wrote:
Just noticed the game of the week too....Not sure what its based on but I see a better game this week between New Orleans @ Green Bay

Divisional / Rivalry matchup, plus there's probably a 'OMG, Cleveland's actually halfway decent?' algorithm in there. Heh.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/14/2017 12:36 pm
ibblacklavender02 wrote:

It's just the game with the lowest point spread.

By setherick
3/14/2017 10:18 pm
ibblacklavender02 wrote:
seems like whenever you have a wide open receiver the QB never gets it there....

Or the WR drops it. I only see drops when my WR is wide open. I think that's because only the hands skill is being used there. When there is the slightest bit of coverage, then courage can take over and the WR catches everything