NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Draft player obfuscation

By setherick
9/14/2017 9:47 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
I can't see a scout player button in beta 87. Can someone point me in the right direction. It's not on the player card.

If the bars are yellow, the player has already been scouted.

By Mcarovil
9/14/2017 9:49 pm
Thanks. For some reason I thought we could scout the same player multiple times to reduce the obfuscation range. Thanks sethrick. Again.

By Mcarovil
9/14/2017 10:23 pm
Still can't scout anyone. Even 12 overall rated. Oh well. No big deal.

By setherick
9/14/2017 10:27 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Still can't scout anyone. Even 12 overall rated. Oh well. No big deal.

Just realized that the FA period has technically "passed". That's why. I've been somewhat ignoring that league after signing the FAs I wanted.

By raymattison21
9/17/2017 8:54 pm
In 87, I noticed some potential draftees with what seems to be is potential growth out of there core postion ratings. A kicker having high bump and run ratings and or high route. Stuff likenthat.

Are these guys a sign of a complete bust ...or just technical freaks....jack of all trades?. The only reason I say is cause there was talk of making players with these types of rating distribution .

By setherick
9/17/2017 9:04 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
In 87, I noticed some potential draftees with what seems to be is potential growth out of there core postion ratings. A kicker having high bump and run ratings and or high route. Stuff likenthat.

Are these guys a sign of a complete bust ...or just technical freaks....jack of all trades?. The only reason I say is cause there was talk of making players with these types of rating distribution .

It's none of the above.

It's the result of the obfuscation code. It still shows potentialities over a range regardless of whether the player has been scouted. I noticed this with the last draft as well. Scouting says "X player may have up to Y number in an attribute," but it's blatantly untrue.

By raymattison21
9/17/2017 9:12 pm
setherick wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

It's none of the above.

It's the result of the obfuscation code. It still shows potentialities over a range regardless of whether the player has been scouted. I noticed this with the last draft as well. Scouting says "X player may have up to Y number in an attribute," but it's blatantly untrue.

Yeah I seems the out of postion ratings lowest number is about the highest that rating usually reaches... with a max 35 . Those ranges, a 35 being the low range and 85 the high but you know the punter is never going to going to get that high in B and R . So, my theory is if that his punter ratings , like 65/100 kick strength . Will trend like the large loss to the bump and run.

By raymattison21
9/17/2017 9:12 pm
https://beta87.myfootballnow.com/player/3593

By setherick
9/17/2017 9:27 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
https://beta87.myfootballnow.com/player/3593

I assume that means that the real value is the lowest number. Most elite players at any position have 20-25 in ratings that they have no business having ratings in. That's why you can turn a 100 SP, AC, ST punter into a 1500 yard running back.

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
9/18/2017 6:59 am
I would say that obfuscation doesn't work, essentially because scouting as it is doesn't work. In 87, a lot of teams don't have owners, meaning that there are very few players that have been scouted. Plus, drafting in the middle of the round, i have absolutely no idea who has a chance to fall to me. So i'm puting guys on my draft board that were not scouted by anybody, and we only have completed the second round.