NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 0d5f5ac

By raymattison21
10/22/2020 3:52 pm
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/12082#2252375

The blitzing LBer looked too good here blowing through the TE and FB on his way to sacking the QB. We blitzed this defensive play 4 times and they ran that LONG pass twice. The LB has 88 speed ....faster than the FB and TE who were 10 and 40 pounds heavier. Both who had good position and 100 pass blocking compared to the 88 pass rush for the LB.

By mwd65
10/22/2020 3:59 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/12082#2252375

The blitzing LBer looked too good here blowing through the TE and FB on his way to sacking the QB. We blitzed this defensive play 4 times and they ran that LONG pass twice. The LB has 88 speed ....faster than the FB and TE who were 10 and 40 pounds heavier. Both who had good position and 100 pass blocking compared to the 88 pass rush for the LB.

I'm wondering if QB-Baker's SP/ACC (13/24) had anything to do with this sack. It looks like he is attempting to scramble, but he can't get out of his own way.

By TheAdmiral
10/27/2020 4:43 am
Passing yards seem to be getting harder and harder to attain as people adjust to this version. Most teams are struggling to get over 200 yards a game.

Sacks are still on the high side but until mid and long range passes carry a greater chance of reward teams are going to struggle to create any sort of consistent passing game.

To create room for a QB he has to take shots down the field, to keep a D honest and force them to sit deeper or get burned in one on one matchups.

By hollyhh2000
10/27/2020 6:51 am
Also annoying that the increased emphasis on the running games results in Fumbles getting an even bigger factor deciding the outcome of games.

From my experience, the amount of fumbles in this game is to a high degree dependent on pure luck. They tend to come in bunches, I had guys with high avoid fumble ratings fumble 3 times in one game.

Example:
Conference Championship Game in Die Hard Fans:
https://die-hard-fans.myfootballnow.com/box/4661

my team 6 Fumbles, all lost (Kittle lost 2 fumbles on 4 touches)

By raymattison21
10/27/2020 12:50 pm
Drops are high and receivers need to get in and out of their routes quicker. Focusing changes on those should help passing stats.

You could give QBs more time with some pass blocking assistance. Making faster smaller players less effective when facing larger guys with better pass blocking skill.

But not letting the receivers complete routes and them dropping the ball when wide open is what hurts my teams at seemingly at higher rates. The stutter is too slow and or receivers are slowed too much when jammed. Drops and knockdowns are too high still because of too tight of coverage and pressure

Getting QBs to make more accurate throws when facing pressure would take precedence to suggested changes to the actual pass blocking algorithms. As I think that would drive hurries up and sacks down.

The main thing I see is those passes that take longer to develop are seeing worse passing numbers. Whether it vs a cover or blitzing scheme the pressure is there and they are making what looks like too many bad decisions/ throws.

Poor defenders are too good at keeping tight enough coverage which is allowing for guys to make the plays that should not .

If you try to stop the run you can and if you try to stop the pass you can but I don’t see the need for talent cause the approaches are too powerful. Opening up deeper passes would make both approaches a bit harder to key on with less skillful players.

All my big passes have been on short and medium calls ......it almost that easy as long as the defense can’t key the run pass ratios too much. But it is a running/ chunk play version.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/27/2020 3:58 pm
Here is an overview with the current beta engine data vs NFL stats

https://public.tableau.com/profile/jon.baker#!/vizhome/MFNAnalysis/PassingData

Each dot is an individual QB, and this is looking at the current season.

Initial observations seem to concur sacks are too high. Completion percentage has too many low outliers, interception percentage too many high outliers. The rushing data tab shows the range is a bit too wide.
Last edited at 10/27/2020 4:26 pm

By raymattison21
10/27/2020 4:23 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

hlttps://public.tableau.com/profile/jon.baker#!/vizhome/MFNAnalysis/PassingData

Initial observations seem to concur sacks are too high. Completion percentage has too many low outliers, interception percentage too many high outliers. The rushing data tab shows the range is a bit too wide.

Your analysis sounds right but for some reason I cannot open the link to see. Maybe it on my end but idk

10/27/2020 4:27 pm
oops, had a type-o, try it now.

By Infinity on Trial
10/27/2020 4:55 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

This is helpful, and affirms what we've observed: Yards per attempt are too low, and sacks are way too high.

I suspect the completion percentage is on target because QBs are lasered in on the short routes.

EDIT: Removing question about where the data is from. I see the headers now.
Last edited at 10/27/2020 4:56 pm

10/27/2020 4:57 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

This is helpful, and affirms what we've observed: Yards per attempt are too low, and sacks are way too high.

I suspect the completion percentage is on target because QBs are lasered in on the short routes.

One question: Is this beta data coming from this league, all leagues running the beta code, or a testing environment?

The data is coming from the current seasons of both MFN-1 and Victory in their respective columns.