NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 0d5f5ac

By TheAdmiral
11/05/2021 8:14 pm
To an extent I see it as the old adage

"Form is temporary, Class is permanent"

Anyone can have a bad game, even a run of poor form. But it should balance out over time.

The other thing to note is the Defender that forces the fumble. Is his strip/strength as good as or better than the ball carriers strength/avoid fumble/ball carry.

Sometimes the Defender is going to win.

By setherick
11/05/2021 8:18 pm
TheAdmiral wrote:
To an extent I see it as the old adage

"Form is temporary, Class is permanent"

Anyone can have a bad game, even a run of poor form. But it should balance out over time.

The other thing to note is the Defender that forces the fumble. Is his strip/strength as good as or better than the ball carriers strength/avoid fumble/ball carry.

Sometimes the Defender is going to win.

Statistically speaking not all players on all teams can have a bad game every week. Fumble % is twice as high as the NFL period. There may be mitigating factors, but custom leagues should get control over the fumble % just as we have control over the injury percentage.

By raymattison21
1/01/2022 5:58 am
https://victory.myfootballnow.com/watch/2437#445667

Here’s a cb blitz and the RE is not blocked. Both the LG and LT look like they are getting ready to screen pass. Maybe the oline got confused but maybe it’s the blitz pickup code

By setherick
1/02/2022 10:35 am
raymattison21 wrote:
https://victory.myfootballnow.com/watch/2437#445667

Here’s a cb blitz and the RE is not blocked. Both the LG and LT look like they are getting ready to screen pass. Maybe the oline got confused but maybe it’s the blitz pickup code

The LT is just too slow to get to the DE. He's supposed to pick up the DE, but the DE is slightly faster AC and SP, so it's going to be an automatic win by the DE. This is a result of the changes to speed, which is the thing I've been pointing out for more than a year now.

If this were a medium or long pass, it would have been an automatic sack.

To be honest, I don't see a reason to point these out anymore since JDB has obviously checked out because of the problems in the game.

By Cjfred68
1/11/2022 10:49 am
As a league admin of 2 very successful leagues in their 21st season...I've been getting more and more of these posts and PMs because of the switch to 4.6.

I called it when the poll to release 4.6 came out but was shot down by CAPTAIN DEFENDER and his "4.6 fixes so much" talk.

JDB.....Exactly how many active owners do we have left playing MFN???

I personally counted 351 around 6 months ago but for me a user, that process is long and tedious so I would appreciate an answer.

By thomastem

1/09/2022 11:58 pm

Congrats Igo on the win.

This sim isn't for me. Scripted things where a rb breaks 6-8 tackles on strong tackling defenders or a 95 cb covering someone tight suddenly runs away from the ball once it's in the air kills it. Whether for or against me.

You are a good group of guys and I wish you all the best.

By MoonPygg

1/10/2022 12:42 am

Hey guys, its nice knowing you but im done. No way my teams are this bad. Im leaving mfn. I left a decent team for someone both here and my other two leagues. Not sure what ive been doing wrong but i havent had a winning team in at least a year real time. Probably longer. I really do try too. Sorry guys. I spent a lot of time putting together what i considered a halfway decent team and to get crushed every week is way too disheartening. I may stick it out a while longer with my other two leagues since i started both teams but im leaving this one. Good luck guys.

By Hellbringer

1/10/2022 4:14 pm

I'm going to drop out after this season. Nothing personal, just not digging 4.6

By raymattison21
1/13/2022 6:41 am
https://beasts.myfootballnow.com/watch/310#73875

The wr2 has real low b&r and the CB was in press. Shuffling back and forth (deeper and shallower) but the wr is stuck in cement. Essentially pressed, but from a distance?

In the viewer it doesn’t look the best but it’s slowing receivers down too much. Man vs route acts as hand fighting but both or one is too strong for sure

By Cjfred68
1/23/2022 7:46 pm
4.6 fixes nothing...full of exploits

132 points scored

See for yourself
https://death-and-destruction.myfootballnow.com/box/66

By setherick
1/23/2022 8:04 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:

132 points scored

See for yourself

Carnage doesn't have a K or P...

The reasonable hot fix would be to over course cause a team to auto-sign and cut a player for both positions. But that'd be a reasonable solution.
Last edited at 1/23/2022 8:10 pm

By Cjfred68
1/24/2022 1:16 am
setherick wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

132 points scored

See for yourself

Carnage doesn't have a K or P...

The reasonable hot fix would be to over course cause a team to auto-sign and cut a player for both positions. But that'd be a reasonable solution.

I know they don't have kickers but 132 points is a bit extreme...having no punter doesn't mean blockers forget how to block and not having a punter doesn't mean the secondary forgets how to cover since his QB threw 9 TD passes and not having a punter doesn't mean his offensive line should allow 12 sacks and so on and so on.....

The Death & Destruction League was created with the sole purpose of testing this new version and it has a ton of holes just like 4.5

I'm using the all WR...all CB defense with a bunch of empty speed players (high speed/little other attributes) on both sides of the ball and won my 1st game 30-3. My all CB defense allowed 114 net yards including 69 yards on 19 carries (3.63 avg). That's 3 to 4 defensive linemen underweight and fast stopping the run which is the strong point of 4.6 offense. That's 50 offensive snaps for 147 yards if I don't include the 7 sacks which still is under 3 yards a play..if you count the sacks it drops to just over 2 yards per play.

The whole selling point to version 4.6 was "you don't need custom rules" and "it fixes exploits" which is nonsense plus "speed has been nerfed" which isn't as true as it was first explained.

So now we need custom rules to make version 4.6 play fair which we already had with version 4.5 with the big difference being now the passing game sucks!!sacks!!!

It's a bad version period but don't take my word on it...just get JDB to say how many owners we had 6 months ago (351 my count) to now (285 my count) and I have a dozen PMs from longtime owners including an owner who was in my XFL LEAGUE 21 seasons since the allocation draft who can't stand the new version....wanna guess why?....the passing game sucks

By setherick
1/24/2022 6:38 am
Oh, I agree with everything you are saying. The instablock because I don't have a punter playing is completely broken and completely fixable. The 9 passing TDs tho are because the offense got to start within yards of the EZ and didn't have to drive.

It's impossible -- IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! -- to sustain drives in 4.6. By the end of the 2Q, you'll start hitting overuse, even if it's uncalled in the play-by-play, because the offensive matrix bugs calling the same 2-3 plays over and over again (which JDB will always deny), the bad implementation of overuse for this version, and the fact that you need to now run 4x as many plays to score since there are no chunk plays to have by design (all long passes get sacked, etc.).

All of this was pointed out before the game was released.