NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 0d5f5ac

By Infinity on Trial
11/23/2020 2:51 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
My run/pass balance completely flipped despite not making any changes to my gameplan.

Game flow?

One of my longstanding complaints is the extreme randomness of the playcalling matrix. I could pass or run the ball on 90% of the snaps, and both would be in the realm of statistical possibility.

“Add control to reduce weight of each play by a percentage each time it is used”

This is in the “up next” part of the road map. I am not sure if your referring to this, or something else as I think I remember Seth posting something on a while back.

It has 43 votes lower on the vote counter than some other possible changes but my teams will call plays that should be called with more even balance of a distribution. That part does seem pretty random to me.

I will be thrilled when it becomes a reality. I've mentioned before that I would like to see the game blend randomness with controls — such as avoiding overuse penalties by calling another play if one is available. But yes, it would make more sense that telling the computer to throw the ball 60% of the time, for example, would result in ... throwing the ball 60% of the time.

By Infinity on Trial
11/23/2020 2:53 pm
Also, as others have pointed out, fumbles remain screwy (possibly because fatigue plays too much of a factor). I feel like fumbles should be a result of avoid vs strip and nothing else. Someone with 90+ avoid should almost never fumble. I've had guys with 100 avoid drop the ball three times in one game.

By hollyhh2000
11/23/2020 3:03 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Also, as others have pointed out, fumbles remain screwy (possibly because fatigue plays too much of a factor). I feel like fumbles should be a result of avoid vs strip and nothing else. Someone with 90+ avoid should almost never fumble. I've had guys with 100 avoid drop the ball three times in one game.

just today had this guy https://theefl.myfootballnow.com/player/6857with his 100 points avoid fumble ability fumble the ball 4 times on 27 touches. He fumbled once in the other 13 games.

and its doable in real life.

Phillip Lindsay of the Broncos has not fumbled once in his NFL career (571 touches)

https://theefl.myfootballnow.com/box/5590

By setherick
11/23/2020 8:25 pm
I have no intention on post this anywhere, but I have been looking at passing data in beta as a way of game planning 4.6.

There are exactly 2 LONG passing plays in my dataset that have a MEDIAN of >0. And I think these only have a positive MEDIAN because of the small sample size.

Similarly, there are only 2 LONG passing plays that have a CLEAN% of >50%, and I think sample size is at play here too.

Most LONG passes have a CLEAN% <= 40%.

By setherick
11/24/2020 7:13 am
This play sums up why this game has become unplayable. On the snap, the DL get deeper into the backfield than the WRs get downfield by the point the QB is sacked: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/12294#2292401

WRs have no acceleration off the ball at all. Don't get deep enough on their routes. QBs don't have time to throw. And don't anticipate WRs breaking on a route.
Last edited at 11/24/2020 7:14 am

By raymattison21
11/24/2020 10:37 am
I am thinking acceleration is more important than speed. Especially the shorter the distance the players are traveling.

By raymattison21
11/24/2020 1:38 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:

We are right at the nfl average for fumbles and FFs. But I would like the leagues administration to have the ability to play with fatigue settings. Similar to the way injuries are handled .

By Infinity on Trial
11/24/2020 3:38 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
We are right at the nfl average for fumbles and FFs.

This is a joke, right?

A quick review of several seasons of NFL stats indicates MFN QBs should fumble more and everyone else a lot less. But that's not even the point. My proposal is that the fumble rate should align with a player's avoid fumble rating.

Baltimore's Lewis Lynch led MFN with 9 fumbles this season in just 84 touches. That actually seems reasonable considering he has an avoid fumble rating of 13.

But Atlanta's Gregory Ward had 8 fumbles on just 87 touches with an avoid rating of 100.

By raymattison21
11/24/2020 6:14 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
We are right at the nfl average for fumbles and FFs.

This is a joke, right?

A quick review of several seasons of NFL stats indicates MFN QBs should fumble more and everyone else a lot less. But that's not even the point. My proposal is that the fumble rate should align with a player's avoid fumble rating.

Baltimore's Lewis Lynch led MFN with 9 fumbles this season in just 84 touches. That actually seems reasonable considering he has an avoid fumble rating of 13.

But Atlanta's Gregory Ward had 8 fumbles on just 87 touches with an avoid rating of 100.

My team is.....13 fumbles- 17 forced....... the totals probably are close through out the league but yes the distribution is different. Our QBs are fumbling more but not much. Most dline lead the league in strip sacks while our was low there too....getting hire . If our QBs were fumbling at an nfl rate it would be high for sure with all the sacks.

My 100 avoid fumble Rb has 4 fumbled times . 1 every 40 touches. My QB has one fumble on 45 sacks. His avoid fumble is 26....I am in full agreement there.

By setherick
11/24/2020 9:04 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
I am thinking acceleration is more important than speed. Especially the shorter the distance the players are traveling.

This in no way explains the play I posted.