NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 0d5f5ac

By setherick
12/01/2020 8:11 am
raymattison21 wrote:
No run keys out of you two either. (Or zone calls) There’s really no point if you can get the right defensive plays in there (Ones without assignment or alignment flaws). It’s almost if the deeper alignment allows for better blitzing lanes to track ball carriers. You don’t need -4 to -7 yard losses ever heavy blitz. A 1 yards gain or loss is just as good to stifle momentum.

Don't overanalyze it. Passing is just bad.

And neither one of us had a problem controlling our opponents' run game.
Last edited at 12/01/2020 8:11 am

By setherick
12/01/2020 7:55 pm
Durate is facing a 3-9. He has 89 SP. He has a wide open lane to his left. He has one LB to beat to the sticks. So he rolls right and takes the sack: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/12319#2296696

Notice that there is no separation of the WRs downfield. LA's top 3 WRs all have 100 B&R Avoid and SP. My top 2 CBs have 100 B&R and no speed. And my CB 3 has Speed and < 40 B&R. Something is seriously off.

By TheAdmiral
12/02/2020 1:28 pm
setherick wrote:
Durate is facing a 3-9. He has 89 SP. He has a wide open lane to his left. He has one LB to beat to the sticks. So he rolls right and takes the sack: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/12319#2296696

Notice that there is no separation of the WRs downfield. LA's top 3 WRs all have 100 B&R Avoid and SP. My top 2 CBs have 100 B&R and no speed. And my CB 3 has Speed and < 40 B&R. Something is seriously off.

QBs should be looking for open space when scrambling, not hiding in the pocket.

QBs won't throw the ball deep - this means defenses can play short zones, blitzes and one deep man. Knowing that everything is going to be thrown short.

Pass blocking is overpowered, receivers are not targeted. The QB holds the ball too long

Currently, one sack or an incomplete pass or an offensive penalty is basically a drive killer.

American Football works because of the risk/reward element. At the moment it's missing from MFN BETA.

The data from the Leagues I run shows clearly that the passing game is dead. Running the software 10,000 times with AI game plans, doesn't take into account the missing element of human interaction.

By setherick
12/03/2020 7:03 am
11 sacks for -81 yards. Good game IoT.

Will we see any changes next season?

---

This one is my favorite. The RG runs a drag route and the DT moves faster than all of the WRs: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/12321#2296981

This one is also good. The WRs can't run more than 15 yards in 3 seconds, but the RDE can shed a tackle and run 20: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/12321#2297005
Last edited at 12/03/2020 8:20 am

By Infinity on Trial
12/03/2020 9:24 am
I've long advocated for a correction in the way speed is distributed from one position to the next (it is easier sometimes to find a 75+ speed DL than a DB). There should be a minimum speed of 75 for positions like DB and WR with most falling in the 80s, and a maximum speed of 70 for DL, with most falling in the 50s, for example.

Sadly, JDB has never responded to the many, many comments about this issue.

The observations by setherick point to a bigger underlying problem with how DL move (and how WRs get stuck at the line).

By Infinity on Trial
12/03/2020 9:26 am
TheAdmiral wrote:
The data from the Leagues I run shows clearly that the passing game is dead. Running the software 10,000 times with AI game plans, doesn't take into account the missing element of human interaction.

I've been singing this tune since I returned to beta, in the middle of last season, when JDB proclaimed he was going to unleash the code across the MFN universe at the end of that season. It has been clear for a long time that passing doesn't work. Given JDB's absence for nearly the entirety of this season, we can only hope that he has identified some issues and is about to announce the improvements. Unfortunately, that means another prolonged period of testing before the code is released.

By TheAdmiral
12/03/2020 9:50 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:

I've been singing this tune since I returned to beta, in the middle of last season, when JDB proclaimed he was going to unleash the code across the MFN universe at the end of that season. It has been clear for a long time that passing doesn't work. Given JDB's absence for nearly the entirety of this season, we can only hope that he has identified some issues and is about to announce the improvements. Unfortunately, that means another prolonged period of testing before the code is released.

At least testing should be quicker with BETA running across 4 leagues now.

By setherick
12/03/2020 6:29 pm
Testing would be real quick if automated tests were relegated to only M2M defenses and fast position players.
Last edited at 12/03/2020 6:30 pm

By raymattison21
12/05/2020 10:24 am
https://victory.myfootballnow.com/watch/657#118071

Very close true speed once the calculations are done but 20 points of speed difference ! He got ran down pretty quick compared to other codes.

By setherick
12/05/2020 5:45 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
https://victory.myfootballnow.com/watch/657#118071

Very close true speed once the calculations are done but 20 points of speed difference ! He got ran down pretty quick compared to other codes.

I think this a perfect example of how the speed "fix" just broke everything worse. Until the physics and biomechanics of this game are changed, there is no fixing player-player interactions with adjusting speed gaps.