NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: updates for 0.4.1

By lellow2011
12/13/2016 6:43 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Well, it's not a yardage penalty, it's an attribute boost for the other team, and it increases gradually as you call the same play multiple times. So it's kind of hard to objectively report it.

So in theory this won't really show up if you have a very strong team playing a weak one.

By RLWJR
12/13/2016 6:58 pm
lellow2011 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
Well, it's not a yardage penalty, it's an attribute boost for the other team, and it increases gradually as you call the same play multiple times. So it's kind of hard to objectively report it.

So in theory this won't really show up if you have a very strong team playing a weak one.

That would depend on whether it's the strong team or the weak team that is running the same play, I would imagine.......

By WarEagle
12/13/2016 7:07 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

I didn't think it was yardage.

I thought it was a negative value, or percentage, applied to the offending team.

If so, that could be reported.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/13/2016 9:40 pm
lellow2011 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Right, it wouldn't, unless it got to an extreme enough level.

By WarEagle
12/13/2016 10:04 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
lellow2011 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Right, it wouldn't, unless it got to an extreme enough level.

So it just gives a disadvantage to teams that are already at a disadvantage.

By setherick
12/14/2016 1:28 am
Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the above conversation, I'm seeing no value one way or the other in the play recognition piece of the game.

By Black Adder
12/14/2016 4:17 am
In the NFL ,how many times would a team run the same play without the other team sussing it out,making ajustments and nulifying that play?

Maybe 4 times?

In the MFN at the moment there`s no need to have a full playbook on O or D,just a select number of plays,soon everyone will run the same select few plays and where does that leave this game?...boring!

Surely this potentialy great game should be creating different ways to play the game and win on both O and D.Having players who work in your offence and defensive schemes should be what the game is all about,not everyone doing exactly the same thing playerwise and scheme wise.

How about having a setting where having run a play (O or D) 4 times in a game, that plays probability of being used in your gameplan/rules is reduced by 30%,6 times 50%,7 or more 100%.

The figures are estimations ,but you get the idea,the more times you use that play,the less likely it will be called.If you run out of plays for that situation the AI automatically calls a play for you anyways,so that will not be a problem with running a play,even if it`s one you never would have picked,so a play that gets picked 7 times never gets called.

This means you have to run more different plays on O and D,making for a better game.

Just my 50p`s worth.

Thanks for continuing to make this game better and better JDB.

Last edited at 12/14/2016 5:05 am

By WarEagle
12/14/2016 9:02 am
Another thing that would help is the ability to set some sort of a rule for in-game adjustments.

For example, going in to a game I may have a gameplan that is more run focused. Midway through the 2nd quarter (and often earlier), I realize I'm not going to get anywhere on the ground because my opponent is blitzing 2 or more players right up the middle on every play.

Instead of doing the logical thing and starting to call more pass plays, or PA, I end up finishing the game with 35 carries for 22 yards.

It's very frustrating to watch. The only way to counteract this is to go to a nearly 100% pass offense and hope you beat the blitz every once in a while for a long TD, which is not the way I would like to play this game.

As always, more gameplanning tools would help a great deal.

By Tecra031
12/14/2016 9:20 am
WarEagle wrote:
Another thing that would help is the ability to set some sort of a rule for in-game adjustments.

For example, going in to a game I may have a gameplan that is more run focused. Midway through the 2nd quarter (and often earlier), I realize I'm not going to get anywhere on the ground because my opponent is blitzing 2 or more players right up the middle on every play.

Instead of doing the logical thing and starting to call more pass plays, or PA, I end up finishing the game with 35 carries for 22 yards.

It's very frustrating to watch. The only way to counteract this is to go to a nearly 100% pass offense and hope you beat the blitz every once in a while for a long TD, which is not the way I would like to play this game.

As always, more gameplanning tools would help a great deal.

You should try adjusting your GP Distance Adjustment Speed up a little at a time and see how it works.

By Beercloud
12/14/2016 1:09 pm
raymattison21 Wrote:
How many times did you call the play? By then...or total.

i don't know. I'll go back through the summary and check.

Edit: 6 times in the first half and 5 times in the 2nd half. some with run key and some with pass key. The message came up on the 10th time used and San Diego completed a 20 yd pass on the play.

Cause apparently my coaches are stubborn or didn't read the message, they called that same play one more time with a short gain as a result and no message. I wouldve thought there should be a message on the last one as well.
Last edited at 12/14/2016 1:26 pm