NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: updates for 0.4.1

By WarEagle
12/16/2016 10:28 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
For preseason 4 I'm turning off the filter that prevents the 'overuse' message from displaying if the play is not successful to identify whether or not it's actually firing correctly.

While it will be nice to finally see this mentioned, it's going to be meaningless if these plays keep working like they do over and over and over. That's a bigger issue than the play-by-play.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/16/2016 11:07 pm
WarEagle wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
For preseason 4 I'm turning off the filter that prevents the 'overuse' message from displaying if the play is not successful to identify whether or not it's actually firing correctly.

While it will be nice to finally see this mentioned, it's going to be meaningless if these plays keep working like they do over and over and over. That's a bigger issue than the play-by-play.

One step at a time, the first step is to see if it's being identified correctly (it's always possible that it's not, or is doing it backwards, or something like that) - once that's been identified I can move to the next step of seeing why it's not doing what it's supposed to be working. (The play-by-play filter will get put back in probably pretty quickly, I'm not going to release it this way)

By WarEagle
12/17/2016 10:24 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

One step at a time, the first step is to see if it's being identified correctly (it's always possible that it's not, or is doing it backwards, or something like that) - once that's been identified I can move to the next step of seeing why it's not doing what it's supposed to be working. (The play-by-play filter will get put back in probably pretty quickly, I'm not going to release it this way)

I did see the message quite a lot, which was great (for this league).

However, they were ALL related to the offense calling the same play too often. None referenced the defense calling the same play too often, even though I called the same play 80 times.

In addition, there does not seem to be any negative impact to calling the same defensive play on every down.

I'll keep using a similar gameplan in this league until you're able to get this worked out so we can see if it's actually doing what it should in a game.

12/17/2016 10:41 am
WarEagle wrote:
I did see the message quite a lot, which was great (for this league).

However, they were ALL related to the offense calling the same play too often. None referenced the defense calling the same play too often, even though I called the same play 80 times.

Ok, good - that narrows down what might be happening. I'll investigate in that direction.

12/20/2016 6:46 am
Yikes. I think I solved the issue of he defensive penalty not being applied.

By WarEagle
12/20/2016 6:52 am
jdavidbakr wrote:

If that's what caused the high scores, then great work.

I'm going to go back to a more balanced playbook and see if I can keep my opponent to a more reasonable output. Although, I only gave up 52. Doesn't seem too bad comparatively.

By setherick
12/20/2016 6:56 am
WarEagle wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

I'm going to go back to a more balanced playbook and see if I can keep my opponent to a more reasonable output. Although, I only gave up 52. Doesn't seem too bad comparatively.

But you gave up 52 to an opponent that only racked up 400 total yards or something weird like that. I'm not sure how my team scored so many.

By WarEagle
12/20/2016 6:57 am
setherick wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

But you gave up 52 to an opponent that only racked up 400 total yards or something weird like that. I'm not sure how my team scored so many.

50 yard + Touchdowns
I called very few plays on defense. I should have given up a lot of points.

By WarEagle
12/20/2016 6:59 am
More than anything I'm glad to see that my BS playcalling on defense wasn't rewarded like it would be in other leagues right now.

By setherick
12/20/2016 7:27 am
jdavidbakr wrote:

In the few plays that I watched from WarEagle and my game and lellow's game, the big scoring plays seem to be aided by broken tackles. I think we'll see more of these broken tackle plays since OL blocking seems to be much improved and QBs are throwing the ball now more accurately and more intelligently. I wouldn't want either one of those things changed.

Can we get a boost to tackling now? I think that break tackle is aided by speed from what JDB's has said in the past. But I don't think that tackling gets any boost at all from speed, intelligence, strength, passing accuracy...