NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: updates for 0.4.1

By JCSwishMan33
12/22/2016 9:09 am
WarEagle wrote:

Was just about. Heh. https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/5743#1033231

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/22/2016 9:43 am
That was unexpected. I'll have some updates before the next game.

Good news is that the waiver wire behaved as expected this time.

By raymattison21
12/22/2016 10:26 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
That was unexpected. I'll have some updates before the next game.

Good news is that the waiver wire behaved as expected this time.

Everything is great....but for some reason kickers and punters had little or no kicking power or accuracy .

I will note a very effective performance with a book not calling any plays over 6 times. As carolina was cited for abusing plays early and often in the score equally matched this pattern, but turn it down a notch....maybe.

I would prefer the effectiveness level be tied in to individuals intelligence , but perhaps exponentially it is as an individuals player familiarity would be increased along with ratings....or vice versa . ...their familiarity works in correlation with the boosted ratings? Like my dumb QB does not pick up this pattern as fast as my smart Wr.....whatever..

Or I am thinking to hard about this.....cause I wish the strength fix thing was an instant deployment to all leagues. Now! But I will relax....

I had no problem getting pressure or sacks , but wish QBs turned it up field more or threw it away...as the sideline sack is acting the same and accounted for some ....I like it better but Run Forrest Run!

Perhaps something in the fatigue department has been inadvertently adjusted. I am not seeing anything different in speed of players, but they seemed to be subbed slightly different ? Very hypothetical . ..

By setherick
12/22/2016 11:01 am
The punting and kicking game were the only thing that bothered me.

My opponent and I completed ~60% and ~75% of our passes respectively. I ended up with 1 sack against and sacked my opponent 2 times. We did have 3 combined interceptions, but that isn't that many compared to some of the games I've seen.

In general, I'm happy with how OL blocking works in the passing game. I think it may be turned up a bit too high in the running game though. My two backs went 19 for 197 and 5 TDs combined. That seems excessive, but I'll have to see if it's a one time thing.

By Wolfpack
12/22/2016 12:29 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
Not sure if everyone saw the same thing for this sim, but looks like almost everything broke from one week to the next.
- Punting
- Kicking
- Kick/punt returns
- passing accuracy
- random fumbles
- tackling/missed tackles
- 0 defensive pressure
- player speed seemed awfully slow
- etc.

Agreed on all points.

By WarEagle
12/24/2016 8:28 am
Overall I think these new updates have been working great.

I've given up a few more big plays than usual, but I haven't yet been able to determine if that's mainly because I'm being penalized for playcalling abuse (if so - Yeah!) or something else.

But, overall I like what I'm seeing so far.

Thanks

By WarEagle
12/24/2016 8:34 am
Attention MFN-1:

I just realized my next game is against JDB's Denver team.
I'm hoping he actually watches his games.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to try to throw the kitchen sink at him, in terms of whatever I can do to try to illustrate some of the issues we see in games.

Any suggestions?
Last edited at 12/24/2016 8:34 am

By setherick
12/24/2016 8:38 am
WarEagle wrote:
Attention MFN-1:

I just realized my next game is against JDB's Denver team.
I'm hoping he actually watches his games.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to try to throw the kitchen sink at him, in terms of whatever I can do to try to illustrate some of the issues we see in games.

Any suggestions?

Ironborn blew me up with the Strong I Big HB Weak Toss last game in 75 despite me having a rule to go Normal Defense DB Man, LB Blitz 2 Run Key against it.

The 122 WR streaks plays have become very popular too.

Maybe an offense that features some of the key outside runs and long passing plays that are starting to dominate offenses.

On defense, I would use the big 4: 4-3 Under Double LB Blitz, Nickle Strong Double LB CB3 Blitz, Dime MLB SS Blitz, and one of the 46 SS LB blitzes as your GL defense.

By WarEagle
12/24/2016 9:04 am
setherick wrote:

Maybe an offense that features some of the key outside runs and long passing plays that are starting to dominate...

I'm almost embarrassed to say...I don't know what those are.

You'd probably find it surprising how little research I do when it comes to manually reviewing what happened in past games. It's just too tedious. The new "self scout" feature is a great help for my own team, but still leaves a lot to be desired in terms of the actual game situation, defense faced, etc.

If we could just export the game logs (and they showed who had possession) I could do so much more.

I've been pretty close to creating something to do this via copy and paste, but haven't bothered to finish it yet. The trickiest part is trying to automatically determine who has possession of the ball based on the data in the log.

By setherick
1/03/2017 7:39 pm
Noticed this while watching Ray and WarEagle's game. The bonus that offenses get for play overuse should NOT affect speed, acceleration, and other physical attributes: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/5836#1050145

WR 83 SP, 92 AC, 100 Carry
vs
CB 100 SP, 100 AC

WR sprints away like CB is wearing cement shoes.