NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Version 0.4.3 Release Candidate Discussion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/19/2018 2:19 pm
Just a quick comment, I have some updates pending that include pushing sacks out toward the DE's again as well as increasing interceptions, but I'm not planning to push any changes to the beta engine until after the playoffs.

(And no, I have not made any changes to the 0.4.2 engine since September)

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
1/20/2018 4:11 am
Who should cover the rb on this one ? The SLB or the SS ?

https://beta87.myfootballnow.com/watch/1292#237379

By WarEagle
1/20/2018 10:32 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
...I'm not planning to push any changes to the beta engine until after the playoffs.

Why not? Isn't that what this league is for?

Not pushing these changes now means it will be March before we get to see them in a game.

1/20/2018 10:36 am
WarEagle wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
...I'm not planning to push any changes to the beta engine until after the playoffs.

Not pushing these changes now means it will be March before we get to see them in a game.

There is some pretty significant change to interceptions and sacks. I do agree that as the beta league this is what you signed up for, but I also don't want to push a change that is this dramatic when we are approaching the playoffs because I want to respect that you all are also actually playing the game, too.

By WarEagle
1/20/2018 10:42 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

There is some pretty significant change to interceptions and sacks. I do agree that as the beta league this is what you signed up for, but I also don't want to push a change that is this dramatic when we are approaching the playoffs because I want to respect that you all are also actually playing the game, too.

Correct, that is what we signed up for.

Specifically:

"...What this means is that as new features are considered stable enough to introduce into the game engine, they will appear in this league for real-world testing immediately, whether that is in the middle of the offseason, in the middle of the season, or even the day before the league championship."

https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/bleeding

I'm in favor of doing anything necessary to get changes pushed as quickly as possible so they can be tested ASAP instead of just waiting another 6 weeks or so only to find out they still need more adjustments.
Last edited at 1/20/2018 10:42 am

1/20/2018 10:46 am
Yeah, but I also don't want to lose good beta league owners because they get frustrated about having a good season ruined because of a bad update.

That said, I would love to push these changes to beta now for the reasons you describe - so let me change my stance and put it this way, if anyone is opposed to me pushing these changes please reply to this thread or contact me via PM if you want to remain anonymous. If I don't get any pushback I can plan to push it on Monday instead of waiting.

In fact, I'll start a poll.

By raymattison21
1/20/2018 12:31 pm
Just to help direct votes I am using a cheater defense( only three plays ) as well. Here in mfn one my defense isn't great but something seems off.

My cbs are leading the league in interceptions . ..one has only started five games. My fs CA% is near mid teens . Yes my 6 speed DT has averaged two sack a game , but between my two DES and my slb we are averaging two more sacks a game. ....not over the top, but I think it's enough pressure coming from the outside.

Updating the cheater offense (throw deep everytime ) I have installed the plan in to 87 with hopes that the newest changes(sacks and ints) would have been implemented last night. (My understanding was beta meant all leagues as mfn is in beta, and bleeding was a different beta engine test)

So, the preface to a game vs. JDOM s old team ( he quit recently ?) ran by the cpu. My team has a 50 rated qb and four fast wrs. My right side of the oline had 80 and 100 Pass Block but there experience was in the fourties. The rest of my line is close to elite.

JDOM s had close to an A grade set of fast dbs. And the cpu ran a decent amount of deep coverage .

The results were my qb starting out something like 1 for 17 (I was almost sure the changes were installed ) but slowly we crept back in by completing deep passes here and there. Same goes for the defense we kept them in check (although the ai offense is a bit weaker than the defense)
14-13 was the final score....not that bad but as my team gets more familiar I wonder the future results ....

Overall I would like to see the new changes for many of the reasons war stated above. Overall, I feel better about the new code as I am chalking up offensive statisical anomalies to the abundance of talent in older leagues . Defensive anomalies is what I am focusing on now. Well, only in heavy lb man defenses cause zone just gets gashed too easily.

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
1/21/2018 6:14 am
I think pushing it now, although perhaps altering the play-offs, may enable us to adjust our free agency and draft choices.

By setherick
1/27/2018 4:31 pm
Ragnulf-le-maudit wrote:
I think pushing it now, although perhaps altering the play-offs, may enable us to adjust our free agency and draft choices.

The changes were indeed significant, and I think they would have led to a lot of complaints in the first iteration. I'll be going through alpha data tonight for the past week of sims to see how they have worked out.

2/05/2018 5:55 pm
I have pushed the 0.4.3 release candidate update to both Beta leagues. We won't see anything until the seasons start again, but please give any feedback you can once the games start rolling again. I'd like to have a possible general release somewhere in the first third of the MFN-1 regular season - that would give us probably to the end of the season to work out any bugs before other leagues start playing games with this update.