NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Version 0.4.3 Release Candidate Discussion

By WarEagle
2/05/2018 7:49 pm
Does this update include anything related to the draft or TC?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
2/05/2018 9:31 pm
WarEagle wrote:
Does this update include anything related to the draft or TC?

No, there have been no changes for 0.4.3 with any player development. You are seeing a turning down of the overall talent because it has bothered me for some time that I turned it up initially. Ultimately my goal was to have the 85+ players be rare, and the 95+ players being extremely rare, but I let the opinions of the users sway me. The latest change has been in place for quite some time, actually, it's just unfortunate that it will take a little longer in the more established seasons for the talent pool to balance back out.

By Beercloud
2/06/2018 1:20 am
Are there any adjustments made to the deep passing game in this release other than Int's?
Last edited at 5/17/2018 11:00 am

2/06/2018 9:18 am
Beercloud wrote:
Are there any adjustments made to the deep passing game in this release other than Int's?

Pressure on the QB is greater and pushed more to the DEs, which will impact the deep passing game. The actual release logic is not changing, but I think we'll begin to see more pressure-induced error in the longer passes since there is more time for pressure to get to the QB.

By raymattison21
2/06/2018 10:24 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

Pressure on the QB is greater and pushed more to the DEs, which will impact the deep passing game. The actual release logic is not changing, but I think we'll begin to see more pressure-induced error in the longer passes since there is more time for pressure to get to the QB.

That's all good and a force which may drive outcomes to a more nfl like manner. Still, one has to look at numerous nfl statistics and look at ours at well to keep the balance .

For example I will reiterate some real life forces that dictate nfl outcomes. Pressure for certain plays and situations . Deep passing resulting in interceptions is one as well as hurries on the qb . Or sacks for that matter .

But one has to look at why. I will be doing so with a number 8f stats not available here. One being air yards. A stat I destroyed last season . One that is difficult to tally here but not impossible . Hurries.. yes we were low.

Simple enough , but one glaring stat that is not the hardest to tally is the longest air yard pass completed. I know with out even looking we are severely low. By at least 15 yards. Ball travels too fast!

Another to look at is the time it takes the defender to get the qb to throw...

The average completed air yards was a bit high as well.

Like I said next season I will detail why and how debilitating this is to a real life feel to passing, but that is with accurate statistics tallied.

Without the ability to stretch the defense with an actual deep threat will ruin the game again, but my hopes are high as deep passing has ruled this game for real years. Probably since I have joined.

Still, getting better zone coverage( and acknowledgement of the run) is the way to go right now. Cause why did my qb ignore dump off passes almost completely vs man. As well as assigning man coverage correctly .

And please look at blitzes more closely . I feel a mobile qb will come back in to trend under this change . But that is kinda is the real life trend any how. There are some decent pocket passers left, but where is the smaller edge rusher here to force throws .

By jabillups85
2/23/2018 11:26 am
Is there a timeframe on when this update will be released?

2/23/2018 12:56 pm
jabillups85 wrote:
Is there a timeframe on when this update will be released?

I'm waiting on some games to be played in the beta leagues, but if there are no issues with the current code base I'd like to release this version around week 3-4 of MFN-1.

By jabillups85
2/23/2018 1:12 pm
Cool, thanks!

By kicker10bog
2/26/2018 5:53 pm
I read most of this thread today I think. I'm glad to see my 3-QB system in the NCAA league won't be this good in the future. It's really amazing how well it has done in the first five games this season.

By setherick
3/25/2018 11:34 am
Can we get a run down of what is in 0.4.3? I've lost track because of focusing on one thing individually at a time.

---

1) QB Decision Making - It's in. But what will it mean to most players? And what exactly is in and out. Right now, better reads and quicker reads are in. And the "I didn't see the DB code" (which is about to be tested) is out. What else is involved?

2) M2M Improvements - Allows DBs to prevent the man they are covering from getting up to full Speed (CBs don't open the gate). But what is a basic explanation for this? Is it a M2M vs Route roll and then a SP vs SP roll?

3) B&R Improvements - What does this mean for players with bad B&R? Will they try to jam at all now? How does this work with slower players vs faster players and vice versa?

4) OL blocking changes / DL changes - Were there any blocking changes? I don't remember. Were there any other changes other than increasing the effectiveness of DE pass rush and decreasing the effectiveness of DT pass rush?

5) Play keying - This was mentioned in another thread, but I don't remember seeing anything about this.

6) WR route running improvements - Was there anything other than stutter step? What controls stutter stepping anyway?

Wow, this is a sizeable release.

UPDATE

7) Draft booms in late rounds -- Are you keeping this? At times it seems excessive.
Last edited at 3/25/2018 12:41 pm