NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Version 0.4.3 Release Candidate Discussion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/26/2018 8:39 am
Going through the change log, here is a comprehensive list thus far:

* QBs cold off the bench
* Improving physical attributes for player generation
* Offensive holding eliminated far away from the play
* WR juke move (compares Route Running vs M2M Skill)
* B&R coverage - B&R will stay with the receiver longer and slow him down. Compares B&R vs B&R avoidance, and essentially determines how long the impact will be before the WR breaks away.
* QB should now throw to the most open receiver. The probability of him going away from his primary target is a factor of his experience, and is never zero.
* QB should not throw into tight coverage as much as before
* QB should throw to WRs earlier in their route
* DL pressure updates to offset QB decision making
* Play matrix bugfixes

I still plan on keeping the draft boom logic. I did turn it down from where it was originally.

By setherick
3/29/2018 12:08 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

* B&R coverage - B&R will stay with the receiver longer and slow him down. Compares B&R vs B&R avoidance, and essentially determines how long the impact will be before the WR breaks away.

The big problem with B&R in the past was once the WR broke away, the CB would be so slow to react he'd be 5-10 yards behind the play. I haven't see that happen as much anymore. So is the DB's M2M still be rolled against the WR's route as soon as the WR breaks away?

If yes, then low B&R players with high M2M are no longer a liability because M2M skills will prevent the WR from reaching full SP immediately in most cases. Unless the WR is very good at B&R Avoid and Route, and in that case, he should just roast a weaker DB every time and make it look good.

If M2M isn't being rolled immediately after the WR breaks, then low B&R DBs are still massive liabilities because they'll try to jam, but since they ****, they'll miss. And then they'll open the gate and watch the WR escape downfield.

3/29/2018 1:39 pm
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

The big problem with B&R in the past was once the WR broke away, the CB would be so slow to react he'd be 5-10 yards behind the play. I haven't see that happen as much anymore. So is the DB's M2M still be rolled against the WR's route as soon as the WR breaks away?

If yes, then low B&R players with high M2M are no longer a liability because M2M skills will prevent the WR from reaching full SP immediately in most cases. Unless the WR is very good at B&R Avoid and Route, and in that case, he should just roast a weaker DB every time and make it look good.

If M2M isn't being rolled immediately after the WR breaks, then low B&R DBs are still massive liabilities because they'll try to jam, but since they ****, they'll miss. And then they'll open the gate and watch the WR escape downfield.

The low B&R DBs should go into B&R less often - the B&R value is used as part of the probability calculation to decide whether to do it. Also if their speed is significantly lower they well be less likely to go into B&R. Once they break away, it's speed vs speed unless the WR has a cut further down the route or does a juke move, in which case the M2M/Route Running comparison fires again.

3/30/2018 11:59 am
I feel like this release is very, very close. Made some updates for tonight's games (hopefully it doesn't break anything). Given what we targeted with this release (see my above post) I would love to get everyone's feedback on whether it feels stable enough to push it to the general release, or if there are still some glaring issues. Especially, if you see anything that you feel like is a reason to -not- release in its current state, please let me know here. Issues you feel are ok but should be addressed soon can continue to go in the normal beta discussion thread.

Thanks again, everyone, for your patience and assistance!

By Mcarovil
4/01/2018 8:02 am
Late to the 0.4.3 party but is the QB off the bench cold also applicable to other positions. So if I have a 4-6 WR rotation set with very low fatigue will the bench WRs be hit with a cold penalty or is this strictly for QBs? Thanks and Happy Easter.

By setherick
4/01/2018 8:08 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Late to the 0.4.3 party but is the QB off the bench cold also applicable to other positions. So if I have a 4-6 WR rotation set with very low fatigue will the bench WRs be hit with a cold penalty or is this strictly for QBs? Thanks and Happy Easter.

Just QBs.

By raymattison21
4/01/2018 9:05 am
setherick wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

Just QBs.

I am assuming just the qbs that do not start the first snap or throw of the game . Jdb has never specifically said one way of the other. If it were only the qb in depth chart one would be void of the penalty. Or some other trigger decides who will be penalized .

By setherick
4/01/2018 7:02 pm
Do we have an official release date?

4/02/2018 8:35 am
setherick wrote:
Do we have an official release date?

I want to get a few more days of sims (without the engine crashing, preferably) - I'm thinking by the end of this week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday.

5/09/2018 11:34 am
All right, had a few games started in the beta leagues, want to make sure to give it a few more - but please let me know if you notice anything in your games that is still an issue that either has been attempted to be solved or was created as a side effect of attempting to solve another issue.