NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Version 0.4.3 Release Candidate Discussion

By raymattison21
5/11/2018 3:35 pm
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
Ok, one more change I'm making - one of the issues I'm trying to fix is the long passing game, and I think that's why you're seeing a lot of drops. Those passes tend to be either incomplete or a home run. I'm adding a 'diving catch' state (something I've been wanting to do for a long time) that will basically give the DB a chance to catch the WR before he gets up and starts running again. This should increase the overall completion rate without significantly increasing the power of the long pass.

I'd like to know how the long pass game plans behave with this update, is anyone still playing with that gameplan?

I can draw up a long pass gameplan for tonight.

Wow!

Cleveland Browns qbs stat lines 13 ints
Att Comp yrdo td int rat
Brandon Hale 28 11 186 0 4 22.92
Randall Holstein 27 11 128 0 9 16.

That said Carolina played mostly great defense s for covering deep.

Still, I want to go deep to see the range of results
Last edited at 5/11/2018 3:38 pm

By mardn72
5/11/2018 4:10 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
Ok, one more change I'm making - one of the issues I'm trying to fix is the long passing game, and I think that's why you're seeing a lot of drops. Those passes tend to be either incomplete or a home run. I'm adding a 'diving catch' state (something I've been wanting to do for a long time) that will basically give the DB a chance to catch the WR before he gets up and starts running again. This should increase the overall completion rate without significantly increasing the power of the long pass.

I'd like to know how the long pass game plans behave with this update, is anyone still playing with that gameplan?

Wow!

Att Comp yrdo td int rat

Ray, makes me want to see your deep pass gameplan again for testing. Those Cleveland results seems promising for stopping it.

By lellow2011
5/12/2018 1:08 am
I just threw 13 ints in Beta 87 with one QB playing the entire game and short passing set to about 70%

By JCSwishMan33
5/12/2018 2:58 am
mardn72 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Wow!

Att Comp yrdo td int rat

Ray, makes me want to see your deep pass gameplan again for testing. Those Cleveland results seems promising for stopping it.

And that's 2 stud QBs with solid (not star) wide outs and an average line.

I'll probably play another long pass gameplan, but try to shore up the line.

By raymattison21
5/12/2018 6:30 am
https://beta87.myfootballnow.com/watch/1721#314279

A handfull of these plays ...

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
5/12/2018 10:12 am
I've seen several ints (including by my star QB) thrown into the underneath zone defender. It's understandable the QB doesn't always see that defender, but my QB has 100 FoV.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/12/2018 10:47 am
Thanks for the feedback! A couple updates pushed today:

* Added an "adjusted for the catch" state to replace some of the diving catch states.
* Shortened the maximum impact of the WR juking a bit more.
* Tweaked the short curl route a tad bit more as well.

By raymattison21
5/14/2018 5:42 am
mardn72 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Wow!

Att Comp yrdo td int rat

As long as no thing else changes much I will not try the plan that won me two superbowl. The main idea was to use six total,plays (3 offensive and 3 defensive ) . The first quarter and a half went great 28-3 . After that 10 interceptions and countless missed tackles/blocks and blown coverages.

Perhaps the right set of players / plays could pull off a glitched version but it is safe to say your gonna need more that 6 plays . 12 total plays might work but I am leaning toward 24 being the magic number.

The blitz play abuse is powerful and ints are plentiful .

By mardn72
5/14/2018 2:48 pm
Hard to know how I feel about this week's game. My opponent threw an insane amount of interceptions (12), but they also never ran the ball, so I'm happy my defense adjusted and made plays. I don't have time to look at the other games right now to see if interceptions are too high in more normal situations too, but other owners have mentioned that. If we tweak down interceptions, we should really make sure they are turning into knocked down ***** instead. Completion percentage feels on the edge of too high, so I'd hate to see it any higher. Knock downs do feel a little low in comparison.

Few other notes:

Quick comebacks seem to at least work now, even if they don't gain many yards.

I like the adjustment to the diving catch text to have some variety.

I didn't see as many huge gaps between WRs and DBs. A few though felt excessive:

https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/8037#1458028 DB gets beat by an equal skill WR and the gap opened is huge.

Gap opened on this one also still feels too big. https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/8037#1457990

By lellow2011
5/15/2018 1:49 am
https://beta87.myfootballnow.com/box/1738

5 ints in a 29-3 win.
- My QB was hurried one time the entire game with no sacks
- Ran a fairly balanced run/pass ratio
- Very heavily ran short/intermediate pass plays
- At least 3-4 of the ints were in single coverage
- ints in week 1 were a blood bath for the majority of the league
- 12 teams threw 4 or more ints
- 19 teams threw 3 or more ints
- the int rate right now in Beta is absolutely insane.