NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Version 0.4.3 Release Candidate Discussion

By setherick
1/11/2018 1:42 pm
raymattison21 wrote:

Jerome Durham (QB) 175att 82comp 46.9% 1,958yard 3/23 sacks / yd 23td 3int 120.19rating

My only concern is my qbs stat line in the past two games...especially the fact it was done with only three offensive plays

I have similar concerns, but haven't taken the time to put together a wide open offense to take advantage of all of the new code. I'm going to try and do that tonight.

By raymattison21
1/12/2018 9:51 am
raymattison21 wrote:

Jerome Durham (QB) 175att 82comp 46.9% 1,958yard 3/23 sacks / yd 23td 3int 120.19rating

My only concern is my qbs stat line in the past two games...especially the fact it was done with only three offensive plays

Three games worth of stats with only three plays

Jerome Durham (QB) 233att 109comp 46.8% 2,886yrd 3/23 sck/yrd 31tds 7int 119.74 rating

By raymattison21
1/12/2018 9:56 am
John Park (WR) @atl (W) 14 rec 538 yrs 20targets 70.0% 38.4 avg 5td

The cb he faced had 70 speed and other elite ratings. Alot of the coverage was man with help over the top. Some three deep and cover two .... all were beat easily except when he was clearly doubled

By mardn72
1/12/2018 9:58 am
raymattison21 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

Jerome Durham (QB) 233att 109comp 46.8% 2,886yrd 3/23 sck/yrd 31tds 7int 119.74 rating

Shouldn’t play overuse be kicking in and shutting this down??

By raymattison21
1/12/2018 1:56 pm
mardn72 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

Similar effects are seen on defense . Nodoubt ten plays is a good number not to spam but my defense is allowing 25,ppg selecting only three defense plays. They actually seem to get better as he game goes on . All plays are selected over 25 times per game.

Running a base defense all game shouldn't work. Especially vs larger or more spread sets. Teams are putting up yards but something is not right.

By WarEagle
1/12/2018 2:54 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
... something is not right.

Amen

By setherick
1/13/2018 9:58 am
mardn72 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

This is a two part question:

1) Shouldn't play overuse be kickin in? Yes, play overuse will kick in after the third or so time and provide a bonus against that play, but...

2) Shouldn't play overuse be ... shutting this down? No, absolutely not. That's not how it works. Play overuse penalties only apply to technical skills, which means that play overuse disproportionately improves teams that already have superior athletic (read Speed) attributes over and against the advantages that team already has over another. Basically, athletic teams get that much better against non-athletic teams that overuse plays while non-athletic teams see no benefit because athletic attributes determine 90% of players interaction except for QB accuracy and Pass Blocking.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/13/2018 11:46 am
setherick wrote:
2) Shouldn't play overuse be ... shutting this down? No, absolutely not. That's not how it works. Play overuse penalties only apply to technical skills, which means that play overuse disproportionately improves teams that already have superior athletic (read Speed) attributes over and against the advantages that team already has over another. Basically, athletic teams get that much better against non-athletic teams that overuse plays while non-athletic teams see no benefit because athletic attributes determine 90% of players interaction except for QB accuracy and Pass Blocking.

Actually, athletic attributes are adjusted with the play overuse penalty. However, the play overuse penalty is intentionally not highly significant because I feel like it's more of a hack than a true solution, and would like to find a better way to manage this issue.
Last edited at 1/13/2018 11:47 am

By setherick
1/13/2018 2:08 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
setherick wrote:

Actually, athletic attributes are adjusted with the play overuse penalty. However, the play overuse penalty is intentionally not highly significant because I feel like it's more of a hack than a true solution, and would like to find a better way to manage this issue.

I thought that in 0.4.1, you stopped having Speed affected by overuse. I remember the initial testing of it producing weird results.

There is parts of it I really like like the changing your defensive key to Pass or Run. But it doesn't really help offenses at all.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/13/2018 2:53 pm
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
setherick wrote:

I thought that in 0.4.1, you stopped having Speed affected by overuse. I remember the initial testing of it producing weird results.

There is parts of it I really like like the changing your defensive key to Pass or Run. But it doesn't really help offenses at all.

Well, you're right - I should look at the code before I answer the question. I had forgotten that adjustment was made.