NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 09d60821

By Smirt211
9/16/2020 9:19 am
That's how it has been, though. Non-technical prism look at it.

I spoke on Play #1.

Play #2 - most long pass plays fail due to the code putting penalties in to make them not connect. We've all delved in and learned which ones we can use. (very limited)

A glance at that offensive play call and I know I never really see it hit when scouting. Here's where he is getting you.

If you caught him in a run key you'd have a better shot on it.

He brought pressure and was in the right key with a long pass play the sim engine needs an excuse to allow it to hit. :( (when it's not an outlet from out of the backfield, basically)

Last edited at 9/16/2020 9:20 am

By Infinity on Trial
9/16/2020 9:27 am
I haven't done overrides or rules for this league, but if you sub the right guy into the blitz spot on the GL Attack, and it will shut down those passes every time.

By Infinity on Trial
9/16/2020 9:29 am
raymattison21 wrote:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11985#2234287

Here’s the sack. I get it long pass play equals sack but why it happens is even worse .

The RT picks up the blitzing LB and let’s the LDE a free shot at the QB . I get that the back has to be intelligent but thats his man to pick up. I don’t know what he does....So no one but the LDE gets through and without this sack there was no sacks on either QB all game.

From the hurry play earlier there’s now Two broke sets of plays deciding game outcomes. This was a momentum turning 4th and two.

In 4.5, it feels like the game predetermines a sack for a long pass on X % of plays, and then makes it happen. (I'm not saying that's literally how it works, just how it seems.) It looks like the same thing here.

In summary:

You can record a sack (with a DL) against a long pass, or with a blitzing LB from the GL Attack. No other sacks are allowed.

By Infinity on Trial
9/16/2020 9:30 am
Smirt211 wrote:
That's how it has been, though. Non-technical prism look at it.

I spoke on Play #1.

Play #2 - most long pass plays fail due to the code putting penalties in to make them not connect. We've all delved in and learned which ones we can use. (very limited)

A glance at that offensive play call and I know I never really see it hit when scouting. Here's where he is getting you.

If you caught him in a run key you'd have a better shot on it.

He brought pressure and was in the right key with a long pass play the sim engine needs an excuse to allow it to hit. :( (when it's not an outlet from out of the backfield, basically)

For this league, I'm in pass key every down.

By raymattison21
9/16/2020 9:33 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11985#2234169

Without this 47 yard pass the yards per pass would be even lower. Again the worst part is why cause it is another broken set of plays. This wouldn’t be the best sets in the nfl either but here cause coverage is over powered I don’t need nickel or dime sets. Even without overrides.

The defensive play is broke cause no one is assigned the slot wr. It’s not an nfl like move.... the back would be left open instead.

Here This play would rarely work against any offensive pass. Really I don’t know why I have it in my book. Probably to keep blitz counts down but I always have known is broke and haven’t used it for real years.

These scenarios make certain plays good and others not.... at a powerful level ....changing stats and outcomes while creating a template to follow in order to win games against owners “in the know” .

By Smirt211
9/16/2020 9:38 am
You need someone to run those defensive plays and to be able to use HB Flare on the offensive end, otherwise we'd all play to empty stats and within a certain low-level statistical field. Boredom would set in and people would leave.

If everyone MAN Flat OLB Zone'd all night long Lionel Richie style and/or locked in with that 46 Heavy play and it's all we ever saw....each game would have the same results. Mostly locked down, 1-2 big play hits, low scoring - no pushing boundaries or discovering fun ways to create offense and fun.

I'm being a little vocal to help people out to get more competition....

But, yeah, take a season and if all 16 Games every time I scouted I saw 4343's 2 defensive play approach with set boundaries to what I could accomplish = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's.

By Infinity on Trial
9/16/2020 9:43 am
raymattison21 wrote:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11985#2234169

Without this 47 yard pass the yards per pass would be even lower. Again the worst part is why cause it is another broken set of plays. This wouldn’t be the best sets in the nfl either but here cause coverage is over powered I don’t need nickel or dime sets. Even without overrides.

The defensive play is broke cause no one is assigned the slot wr. It’s not an nfl like move.... the back would be left open instead.

Here This play would rarely work against any offensive pass. Really I don’t know why I have it in my book. Probably to keep blitz counts down but I always have known is broke and haven’t used it for real years.

These scenarios make certain plays good and others not.... at a powerful level ....changing stats and outcomes while creating a template to follow in order to win games against owners “in the know” .

That particularly defensive play doesn't cover the WR3, so it makes sense that it would be a big gain.

The real questions are (1) why does this play exist and (2) why would somebody use it?

By raymattison21
9/16/2020 9:44 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11985#2234301

This was my favorite part of this code. Blitzing at an alarming rate around 70 % of snaps opened doors for this beautiful run. Bad defensive call as the safety was lined up over the wr2 giving a clear sign of double coverage(that would not happen IRL either cause he’d be losing his gap integrity ) and the call was abused.

The reason I like it cause we shut down the running game until later.... then boom big run after big run. Still, the problem is we created zero pressure and sacks blitzing so much . Running you could say they wore us down or whatever but you see the play abuse in effect creating some sort of realism. Passing they just had more catch overs as the game progressed.

Still I would like to see future codes HAVE ( edit) the abuse penalties out.
Last edited at 9/16/2020 9:59 am

By Infinity on Trial
9/16/2020 9:45 am
Smirt211 wrote:
You need someone to run those defensive plays and to be able to use HB Flare on the offensive end, otherwise we'd all play to empty stats and within a certain low-level statistical field. Boredom would set in and people would leave.

If everyone MAN Flat OLB Zone'd all night long Lionel Richie style and/or locked in with that 46 Heavy play and it's all we ever saw....each game would have the same results. Mostly locked down, 1-2 big play hits, low scoring - no pushing boundaries or discovering fun ways to create offense and fun.

I'm being a little vocal to help people out to get more competition....

But, yeah, take a season and if all 16 Games every time I scouted I saw 4343's 2 defensive play approach with set boundaries to what I could accomplish = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's.

I think we're seeing marginal progress here in that two experienced GMs with playoff teams can complete 70% of passes.

The downside is there will be even fewer sacks in 4.6, and you still can't throw to a receiver downfield.

By Infinity on Trial
9/16/2020 9:47 am
raymattison21 wrote:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11985#2234301

This was my favorite part of this code. Blitzing at an alarming rate around 70 % of snaps opened doors for this beautiful run. Bad defensive call as the safety was lined up over the wr2 giving a clear sign of double coverage(that would not happen IRL either cause he’d be losing his gap integrity ) and the call was abused.

The reason I like it cause we shut down the running game until later.... then boom big run after big run. Still, the problem is we created zero pressure and sacks blitzing so much . Running you could say they wore us down or whatever but you see the play abuse in effect creating some sort of realism. Passing they just had more catch overs as the game progressed.

Still I would like to see future codes not have the abuse penalties out.

I am extremely disappointed that non-blitz defenses now have an overuse penalty.

My RB1, who had all the right physical skills and never fumbles, couldn't gain more than 2 yards with his 62 ball carry. Then the backup comes in and runs wild with his 100 ball carry.