NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 09d60821

By Infinity on Trial
9/14/2020 8:29 am
My opponent and I produced much better passing numbers than we did a couple of games ago: 20/25 for 215 for me, 27/37 for 267 for him.

The down side: Just four of my 20 completions went to a WR.

I was sacked once (against a four-man rush, obviously).

By raymattison21
9/14/2020 8:33 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Victory would be a perfect league for comparison because you could match it with the first year of a league that used 4.5.

We’re only a few games in on this code. The prior seasons games had the 46 bug and after that I was able to get there with LBers.... not on this code.

If pass rushing matter currently then passing numbers would fall again....the prior code was bit more balanced .

By Infinity on Trial
9/14/2020 8:35 am
raymattison21 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
Victory would be a perfect league for comparison because you could match it with the first year of a league that used 4.5.

We’re only a few games in on this code. The prior seasons games had the 46 bug and after that I was able to get there with LBers.... not on this code.

If pass rushing matter currently then passing numbers would fall again....the prior code was bit more balanced .

Ah. I think if someone is going to try to compare stats, the only thing that makes sense to me is how the code that's about to be released compares to the code that's already released.

By Infinity on Trial
9/14/2020 8:35 am
JDB: Did you make a change for drops? We're down to just 3 per game for the two teams combined.

By raymattison21
9/14/2020 8:39 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:

Ah. I think if someone is going to try to compare stats, the only thing that makes sense to me is how the code that's about to be released compares to the code that's already released.

Yes , obviously flaws are there but I was speaking particularly in th ability to get pressure with 3-4 LBers. 4.5 that was weak and it still had weak now. I saw your LB had two pressures last game but searching the log I could not see them?

I would feel better about this code is pressure was different and ints were down.

By raymattison21
9/14/2020 8:49 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
My opponent and I produced much better passing numbers than we did a couple of games ago: 20/25 for 215 for me, 27/37 for 267 for him.

That’s the down side of every code since 4.3. The older code with zone improvements had more passes to outside receivers. This one not bad but even with 4.5 I use low FOV qbs to force the ball in to the WR1 for example. Picking the right plays helps too...(money plays or the auto target is what I call them as they are almost always open of the target always goes there)

But the guy who ends up being the one who generally gets the most targets is the 3rd and 4th options. Not ever play and ever scenario but when you face better outside CBs in a man under scheme the targets go this way.

By Infinity on Trial
9/14/2020 8:51 am
raymattison21 wrote:
... but I was speaking particularly in th ability to get pressure with 3-4 LBers. 4.5 that was weak and it still had weak now. I saw your LB had two pressures last game but searching the log I could not see them?

I would feel better about this code is pressure was different and ints were down.

I see now.

Yes, the LB pressures are exclusively from the GL Attack plays.

Blitzes were completed "nerfed" and remain "nerfed." In the DB setherick maintains, he recently added pressures by position. As far as we can tell, neither of us has ever recorded a pressure by a LB from the LB position in any base, nickel or dime defense under 4.5.

By Infinity on Trial
9/14/2020 8:51 am
raymattison21 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:

That’s the down side of every code since 4.3. The older code with zone improvements had more passes to outside receivers. This one not bad but even with 4.5 I use low FOV qbs to force the ball in to the WR1 for example. Picking the right plays helps too...(money plays or the auto target is what I call them as they are almost always open of the target always goes there)

But the guy who ends up being the one who generally gets the most targets is the 3rd and 4th options. Not ever play and ever scenario but when you face better outside CBs in a man under scheme the targets go this way.

I don't think this is about coverage. I think this is about the way QBs progress through their reads based on the length of routes.

By raymattison21
9/14/2020 11:13 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11980#2233292

I did find this GL play. It’s seven blockers vs eight rushers with the 7th blocker being the FB who is blocking instead of “checking “ the blitzing WLBer to adjust his rush angle then following through with his route in the flat.

As rare as hot reads are these days the same FB was targeted where he picked up the blitzing MLB for a pass incomplete to the line of scrimmage.

This is a good example of how to create pressure under this code. It’s not so bad because with the “right “offensive play with a quicker thrown ball the result would do ok. Hence my terms “money play”....but this is not one as this offensive play probably will end up with this result 8/10 times with these two sets of plays.

And I am saying it’s like and exploit only cause the back chose the wrong LB to pick up and him not finishing his route in the flats really takes him out of the play. Why the QBs throws to him anyway is another problem.

Blitz pickups, hot reads, and like you were saying the time it takes to read the route depths is making this play worthless here. When in real life the QBs would quick throw elsewhere, the back would block the wlb giving the qb a bit more time to read or roll at and around the blitz for a scramble and or he’d just dump it off to him right out of the blitzers reach.

I don’t use goaline for a pretty long time so it good to see stuff like this tested but if a lot of the pressure comes from plays like this this release will be similar to others.

I am seeing longer snap to throw times under this code but that’s a visual. I think JBD has access to that stat, but we might need that much time to have decent qb numbers . Still, ints are high. Older beta codes had DL picking these poorly thrown hot reads off at an alarming rate.

Maybe hot reads need an update

By Infinity on Trial
9/14/2020 11:15 am
raymattison21 wrote:
This is a good example of how to create pressure under this code.

I don't think you should have to use a seven or eight man rush from a goal line plan to generate pressure.