NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 0d5f5ac

By TheAdmiral
10/03/2020 8:36 am
My roster only league is at week 16. If it helps at all, I'd happily make the switch there to either BETA or 0.4.6 to see how it stands up in that format. At the end of the current season.

It might be an idea to release it in the standard MFN Leagues as they enter new seasons - one way to entice people back into dying leagues?

The code gets a good workout, the barely half full leagues get a shot in the arm and people get the opportunity for a look at what's coming
Last edited at 10/03/2020 8:37 am

By Smirt211
10/03/2020 8:38 am
I'll cut to the chase and make some assumptions through context clues.

a) the FL Hitch won't throw to the money route and/or is given an avalanche of hold backs (penalties, defenders right on the play, etc.)

b) Outlet passes are nixed, which means you're at the mercy of sacks. Pounding at play knowledge while avoiding auto-sack plays. Outlaw leagues (MFN-# or Private Leagues with no or lapsed League Admins) or the very limited I can think of which allow anything ...the passing game can be wrecked with DBs at the line of scrimmage and no way out of attacking it.

I've been preparing for the switch up, however, prior to v4.5 EVERYONE was complaining about the lack of plays that work or the inability to pass the ball down the field or at all. Now it's erase the 4.5 plays that work, end dump offs and turn up the sacks = people will leave in boredom.

By TarquinTheDark
10/04/2020 11:35 pm
TheAdmiral wrote:
That's very cryptic.? Care to expand?

:) It was intentionally vague. Let's say I've been impressed with the focus, cooperation, and level of constructive debate here lately, and haven't wanted to say anything that would detract or distract.

I think opening up discussion right now into bigger picture issues like the life cycle of competitive internet games; user behavior and retention; what can be done to change the culture, curb or redirect destructive behavior, and ensure this game has a future, etc. would take away from that focus. They are things we should all be thinking about - this is the place, just not the time.

Keep going and making 4.6 even better. Great job, guys!

By TheAdmiral
10/05/2020 4:19 am
Shall we dance...

https://victory.myfootballnow.com/watch/382#67246

By TheAdmiral
10/05/2020 9:42 am
@jdavidbaker

I'm not sure if you read too many forums and posts across so many Leagues. It may be worthwhile you poking in to Victory on occasions. This thread is an interesting discussion that I think you should keep an eye on (assuming you aren't already doing so)

https://victory.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/96?page=2

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/05/2020 8:02 pm
TheAdmiral wrote:
@jdavidbaker

I'm not sure if you read too many forums and posts across so many Leagues. It may be worthwhile you poking in to Victory on occasions. This thread is an interesting discussion that I think you should keep an eye on (assuming you aren't already doing so)

https://victory.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/96?page=2

No, I pretty much only keep up with the forums here. Thanks for the crosspost, I have fixed the playoff clinch algorithm (yes, I missed a section there in regards to the 7 seeds)

By raymattison21
10/06/2020 6:38 am
TheAdmiral wrote:

Makes you wonder what the qb was doing here. Looking at the receivers you get a good feel for all their route scenarios. The drag took it at 1 second following the snap in his normal fashion turning that pattern in to a zig zag.

The next guy to end his route was the TE ....3 seconds later he turns his pattern in to a deep out at 15 yards flooding the right side of the field with the wr1 and the rb turning his route from a flat to a wheel.

A second later the wr2 who get the deepest down the field turns completely around a bolts back to the line of scrimmage. He was the only one open after the QBs missed the drag/quick zag early in the play. But the wr2 actually ended his route and was the only way he to run to open field.

The wr3 running deep post ended his route a second later in the muddled right side with every one else besides the wr2 probably why the wr2 was open. Why the qb did not throw it or move or get tackled is a different story but it was great to see the end route scenarios.

I don’t know what dictates them as to when or why they do what they do but after 6 seconds that all ended there routes sometime in that time frame.

Really like the old zone defense where they used the position of the other zone defenders to find a better position (zone) to cover to keep some balanced spacing between them. That concept should be used for the receivers at the end route scenarios.

Don’t get muddled up vs cover 1 just run to the open space. I wonder if the qb would have made a throw if someone was open? It was like the drag and hb swing were dump and offs and were ignored and the DBs had lock down coverage in man for the entire 6 seconds. Truly showing how overpowered man bump is . And how easily QBs could just take off and run for first downs if they were allowed.

By Smirt211
10/06/2020 7:12 am
Here's the sad thing. Every one of your hard thought out posts go poof when disrespected by someone whom isn't allowing the game to be the game. Peep it. My man makes 99% of the game go up in smoke and not matter. How can this be allowed?

10 Game Sample:

2 Deep Man Under
DBs: 2-Deep Man
LBs: Man
Avg Per Call: 5
Times Called: 383

It's circa 1117 over 32 games. Actually, it's exactly that #. I retained it to memory.

35 times per game, disrespecting every GM over 2 seasons of time.
Last edited at 10/06/2020 7:19 am

By TheAdmiral
10/06/2020 7:43 am
raymattison21 wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:

Makes you wonder what the qb was doing here. Looking at the receivers you get a good feel for all their route scenarios. The drag took it at 1 second following the snap in his normal fashion turning that pattern in to a zig zag.

The next guy to end his route was the TE ....3 seconds later he turns his pattern in to a deep out at 15 yards flooding the right side of the field with the wr1 and the rb turning his route from a flat to a wheel.

A second later the wr2 who get the deepest down the field turns completely around a bolts back to the line of scrimmage. He was the only one open after the QBs missed the drag/quick zag early in the play. But the wr2 actually ended his route and was the only way he to run to open field.

The wr3 running deep post ended his route a second later in the muddled right side with every one else besides the wr2 probably why the wr2 was open. Why the qb did not throw it or move or get tackled is a different story but it was great to see the end route scenarios.

I don’t know what dictates them as to when or why they do what they do but after 6 seconds that all ended there routes sometime in that time frame.

Really like the old zone defense where they used the position of the other zone defenders to find a better position (zone) to cover to keep some balanced spacing between them. That concept should be used for the receivers at the end route scenarios.

Don’t get muddled up vs cover 1 just run to the open space. I wonder if the qb would have made a throw if someone was open? It was like the drag and hb swing were dump and offs and were ignored and the DBs had lock down coverage in man for the entire 6 seconds. Truly showing how overpowered man bump is . And how easily QBs could just take off and run for first downs if they were allowed.

Reading between the lines,

Had his OL pushed back into him from an inside rush
At the same time, couldn't go backwards as the outside rush was looking for the strip sack
Likely he ducked under the next attempt from the opposite side (no way of knowing) or the OL bumped the DL off line
4th attempt to sack sees him try to scramble to his right
5th attempt finally gets him.

My guess is he never had an open lane as he was getting rushed from all sides - no line of sight for a throw, no room to go forwards, backwards, left or right - just a question if something would open up before they got him.

It was like watching Russell Wilson evade pressure after his pocket collapses in on him and he has nowhere to run too.

There's a couple more plays from the game that I'll put up for you later (time permitting)

By TheAdmiral
10/06/2020 7:45 am
For the guys in MFN-1 salivating at the chance to play this version. This may (or may not prove helpful)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/143k_CaYKVA0I356GFK3_JXPd7m2ZdZdPQnI_anlXRtE/edit?usp=sharing

Power Rankings, League Leaders, positional stat analysis (for QB, Punters, DB's) - If I get time later today I will update the OL stat analysis and cobble something together for DL.