NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 0d5f5ac

By Smirt211
1/24/2022 7:16 am
Just a drop in.

CJ, I didn't think your No Holds Barred (the league) strategy at the d-line would work. Theoretically, the punt screen block scheme should shift over to all defensive formations. I'm very careful with it myself and I know it was hyped that a CB/DB at the d-line wouldn't do anything productive. When you were drafting I was thinking to myself this shouldn't work and I haven't looked, however, you're posting winning stats and winning results!

Quick: JDB's punt block patch work of fixing blocking at the line was supposed to extend out to all line-on-line play. If you're making it work. That's ballsy and I applaud it! Gumption, exact opposite of the copycat 4343 game play with no originality. :)
Last edited at 1/24/2022 7:17 am

Re: [0.4.6] Version 0d5f5ac

By Cjfred68
1/24/2022 5:24 pm
What's different between 4.5 & 4.6???

?punt block issue is partially fixed...non-punters are bad punters with punt timing below 70 are still gonna get got.

?the running game is improved and speed plus ball carry make for a great runner regardless of weight or position.

?the passing game is worse...much worse when it comes to yards/attempt and big (chunk) pass plays.

?sacks are way up and speed helps regardless of weight or position.

?the return game is on steroids as big returns are hit more often.

?long passing is dead..not worth the risk of big sacks so where in 4.5 you could have some success calling a few long passes...now it's a dead end and winning means not calling them at all

That's the major bullet points!